Question seat for a 3 year old?

Austins-mama

I'm looking for yet another seat for Austin.

He is 3 years old, 41" and 39/40lbs.

I need a seat for grandma's car a 2009 Lincoln MKS as she is going to be picking him up from daycare at least one a week we want something that can just stay installed in there. Its going to be outbourd passanger side so I need some side impact protection

I'm not a fan of the Graco Nautilus - I own one for use with my nephew now but really don't want another one.

DS has a Frontier in my car and a Safeguard child seat in daddy's truck. We really don't want to be spending another $250+ on a seat.

Is there another seat out there that I am missing? The Apex 65 is an option but is the harness height going to be tall enough to last us until booster age?

ADS

Maedze

What about an AOE in FF mode? Not the 'nicest' seat on the market, but not too spendy, and has 17.5" top harness position. Less than the Nautilus, but more than the Apex.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
What about an AOE in FF mode? Not the 'nicest' seat on the market, but not too spendy, and has 17.5" top harness position. Less than the Nautilus, but more than the Apex.

For less than that you can get an EFTA with the same weight limits and top slot height.

The Apex has a 65 pound harness limit and 17.5" top slots. So it should get most kids to a mature booster age, yes.

Wendy

Austins-mama

I need to measure his torso height.

we have an old AEO - which I can't stand that he outgrew several month ago. I know the new ones have that extra slot but he only JUST turned 3 this month and I'm really hoping to keep him harnessed until 5 or even 6. so I don't think that extra slot will last him long enough.

I think I'm stuck with another GN. urgh... there's no way I can persuade DH to buy another Frontier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC