roundabout base not flat

rcmama

I drive a Honda Civic Hybrid 08'. Ds age 1 is in the middle rf in a roundabout next to his sister's radian. The install is good and tight, but the base will not stay flat on the seat. It hops up on the bight creating a gap under the base right behind the bight that I can slide my small hand under. Is this ok?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
What if you pull it away from the backseat an inch or so, add weight at the foot area, then tighten it down?

Wendy

rcmama

That's what dh did. Once he hits a certain tightness it pops over it. I'll make him try it again and I'll sit on it to see if it helps. I swear I'm picking my next car out based on seat installs! Between the hump and the bight this car is horrible.

rcmama

It is an older one, bought in 2008 (expires 2014), I think when it was just called Roundabout. And yes tethering after securely installed. I will try to get a pic in the morning.

tiggercat

What kind of seat belt do you have ALR or ELR you may Need a locking clip

The Roundabout 40 has built in lock offs, and separate locking clips are not allowed. Unless of course it is an RA55 (?) or clone (fisher price branded) Britax.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Roundabout 55 has lock offs as well. All Roundabouts do. So a locking clip will not be a solution.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC