RF...without tether?

jnh896

Hello again,

Thanks for your replies to my earlier post. I have narrowed it down to either a EFTA or the True Fit.

Because we currently have a Britax BLVD in our mini-van, it is tethered. Please refresh my memory...isn't Britax one of the only ones that can be tethered RF? Or could I tether either the EFTA or TrueFit RF in a 2008 Honda Accord?

I guess being RF even without a tether is better than FF. (?) Again, DD is 19 months old, 28 lbs. and 34 inches.

I *could* just go buy another Britax, but I can't honestly say that I see that it is worth the extra $$$$. But, I'm worrying that I'm missing something about how great it is. And then I'll get the less expensive seat and hate it. :)

Does the True Fit has alligator style clips?

Thanks again!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Britaxes and the Radians are the only seats that can tether rear facing. It's perfectly safe to not tether. It is by far safer than forward facing.

I don't know about the True Fit.

Wendy

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Yes, Britax and Sunshine Kids Radian are the only convertibles that allow RF tethering.

And you are correct - RF without a tether still provides considerably more protection than FF with the tether.

Not sure about your other questions, though, sorry. :)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Britax convertibles can be top tethered RF, right, as can the Sunshine Kids Radian convertibles, and that's it. Neither the EFTA nor the True Fit or any other convertible seats on the market tether RF. You're also right in thinking that RF without tethering is safer than FF because of the dynamics of rear facing. :thumbsup: I have yet to get my hands on one in person, but I believe the True Fit does have alligator style LATCH connectors based on posts/reviews from True Fit owners here. ETA: Such speedy posters today, lol. Nothing like confirmation from multiple sources, eh? :)

New grandma

Yes, the True fit has the alligator clips (the ones with the push button release) and I believe the more expensive model of the EFTA also has them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC