RF: Short + Safe + $?

U

Unregistered

We are looking for a short convertible seat. What brands are the shortest (front to back) when rear facing? Baby is 9 months so a newborn recline is not necessary, if that makes a difference. Lower cost (less than $150?) would be helpful, without sacrificing safety, obviously.

ADS

Kaitsmom

What car are you trying to put it into? Its usually the recline that takes up more room then the shell height, in alot of cases. Were you able to put an infant seat in this same car?

U

Unregistered

It's a Subaru. A Snugride 35 fits, but barely. We are looking for more legroom in the front seat, if possible.

U

Unregistered

Oops, Subaru Forester. Looking to accommodate driver/passenger height of 6'0" comfortably.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
What year Subaru?

You can fit a Diono Radian, especially with the angle adjuster, Evenflo Triumph, Learning Curve True Fit, Maxi Cosi Pria, any Britax, and a Recaro ProRide, but the ProRide won't give you a lot of room to get baby into, and so I don't recommend it. But it'll fit.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

It's a newer model. 2010 or 11. Thanks for the suggestions! I will look up reviews here and/or elsewhere online - I'm sure they're out there.

Cryssy Jane

wendytthomas said:
Oh, the new body style? Take your pick. :) Anything will work.

Wendy

In agreement with this. The new gen body style gives a ton of front to back room compared to other subies.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

llamamama

I'm not a professional, but I asked a similar question about my 2001 Subaru Outback and searched old posts and found a few different carseats to check out. I went to BRU yesterday and tried a few in the backseat and compared how much the front seats had to be pushed up and how easy it was to see out the back window.

Forget about the My Ride, it's huge, can't see out back and front seat passenger is smushed.

The Triumph is great, that's the one I bought. The True Fit is great too, and you can take off the headrest rear facing until the baby is 22 lbs, so it's even lower in height. Try it out if you can with the headrest attached also and see if it will be OK rear facing when your baby is above 22 lbs.

I got a True Fit for my daughter for FF.

And I got them online from Walmart, they had the best prices.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC