Radian XTSL

Eniko

I am thinking about getting a Radian XTSL for my 2 month old. I figured it was better to move to a convertible seat then to buy a $50 base for the carrier we have. Anyone have experience with a small infant in this seemingly monstrous chair.

ADS

sunnymw

That seat actually fits newborns really well--I had one for DS2 from birth!!

Now, it does take up a LOT of front to back room in most vehicles. What is the year/make/model of your car? At this age it'd still have to be around 45 degrees.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My kid fit well at birth, many do-- some do not. If your child runs small or has a small torso, might not be a good fit quite yet, but most kids will fit the Radians (especially now with the memory foam pad raising them up 1/2 inch) pretty well by 2 months. Now, you won't be able to use the headwings until your child is above the third slots. But, that's not an issue to my mind; just, some people don't realize that and don't like it when they find out, so I thought I'd warn you now, lol. :)

(My kids were also able to be much more upright than some at 2 months old. I find it varies drastically by baby. Some could tolerate a 35-40 degree angle at 2 months, some need 45 still.)

Eniko

I have a 2010 Honda Pilot and we plan on putting the seat in the middle spot. My 10 year old does not need a booster or anything so we should be fine there.

mommy-medic

Where do you live? Is there a store nearby that carries them? (BRU typically doesn't sell them but a lot of smaller, specialty baby stores and high end baby furniture stores tend to carry at least one model of them). I would suggest doing a test install in your vehicle and try your baby out in it- with the infant inserts- to see how you feel about it. There may also be a tech nearby who has one (or has access to one) who would be willing to help you try one out. (If you are in the Atlanta area let me know- I have one.)

As far as "is it a good decision"? I would say absolutely, so long as it fits. It would definitely give you a lot of leg room to RF baby as long as possible (I got one when my youngest was turning 3 because her boulevard had her legs cramped and I wasn't comfortable FFing her). It would also harness till booster age, so it would be a smart, long term investment. :twocents:

JerseyGirl'sMama

I moved my 2-month-old into a Radian XTSL. He fit great. I have a 2007 Acura MDX which is similar to the Pilot, and it fits great in the center rear-facing. I can install it from a full 45 degree angle to a 30 degree angle (now that he is older.) :thumbsup:

At 2 months:

RNXTSL.jpg

RNXTSL2.jpg

AtTheSouthDam

:happy-wavehello:

Glad you joined!! :D

The RN80 fits wonderfully in her car, we tried mine, so the XT should be no problem. I am so jealous!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC