Radian XLST Car Seat Metal Yoke

L

Lifeatsea

I have a Radian XLST Car seat manf by Sunshine Kids (now DIONO). While moving house I have lost the Harness metal yoke that is at the back side. I have looked everywhere on the internet and could not find. I have also written to Diono and all they keep saying is that it is out of stock and keep checking their website. I will be grateful if somebody can guide me to where I can find this or if I can get dimensions, photos where I can make one myself.

Thanks in advance.

ADS

jjordan

Welcome to car-seat.org. :)

I'm sorry that you lost part of your car seat! When that happens it is very frustrating! Unfortunately, the only safe kind of replacement part for car seats is a part that you buy from the manufacturer (or a vendor that sells official parts). Have you tried calling Diono and talking to a real person? It is possible that something got lost in translation when you wrote to them, or that you got some sort of automated response that wasn't appropriate for your inquiry. I am not seeing the part you're describing for sale on their website at all, so them saying that it is out of stock doesn't make sense to me.

Whatever you do, please do not try to make one yourself! It may seem like a good idea, but it is a risky business. If the one you make somehow falls short of the official version, then your seat could fail in a crash, putting your child in danger.

ETA: I'm assuming that the part you are referring to is like the shiny metal thing in the middle of this picture, that has the three straps connected to it. If so, it is called a splitter plate. When you call Diono, tell them you lost your splitter plate.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...a-glossary-of-common-carseat-terms%2F;540;720

featherhead

The splitter plate is sewed onto the adjuster strap, so I'm not sure how you could lose it. Is it maybe the SafeStop that you lost?

jjordan

Or was it the locking clip that you lost? Was it an H-shaped metal piece?

A locking clip looks like this. If that's what you lost, you might not actually need another one. Usually a Radian installs properly in a car with locking seatbelts without the use of a locking clip. If, however, you prefer to use a locking clip to get a better installation, you can use any locking clip (from another seat or any brand of locking clip for Babies R Us, for instance).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC