Question Radian RXT help

HeatherMo745

We FINALLY got our Radian today! I'm so excited that my little booger can rear face until 45lbs now!!

My question is where can I use the d-ring for rear facing? I read the manual and tried to figure out where to attach it on the front seat and just can't figure it out! Anyone who can clarify??

And I'm wondering what exactly advanced air bags are..I'm not seeing anything in the trucks manual saying they have them, but i know it has side airbags if that's what advanced means.

The only reason I ask about the airbags thing is because we havn't gotten an angle adjuster jet and I'm wondering if bracing is ok until it's here.

Thanks in advance!

ADS

love-pink

You can attach the d ring to the front seat track. Far back so it does not interfere with your seat. Then you clip the tether clip to it and pull to get the slack out.

As far as advanced air bags, what type and year of car do you have?

Also if you brace it against the drivers seat its fine either with/without a sensor.

HeatherMo745

Ok, I'm going to try to figure out the d-ring again. I think it makes sence now!

Oh, I didn't know that about the drivers side, good to know!

We have a 2005 Tahoe Z71.

HeatherMo745

Ok, now I'm feeling a bit stupid! Lol I went out there to figure out the d-ring thing to discover I DON'T NEED it! Haha I moved the seat and told myself I'm not crazy for not understanding this.

When looking to the other side of the seat I see the darn place to connect the tether...DUH! Lol it was in plain sight, I don't know how I didn't see it before!

hrice

HeatherMo745 said:
Ok, now I'm feeling a bit stupid! Lol I went out there to figure out the d-ring thing to discover I DON'T NEED it! Haha I moved the seat and told myself I'm not crazy for not understanding this.

When looking to the other side of the seat I see the darn place to connect the tether...DUH! Lol it was in plain sight, I don't know how I didn't see it before!

You do not have a tether anchor in your vehicle for rear facing car seats. You must use the d ring to create an anchor point. I'm not sure what you clipped it to but you need to undo it.

Can you post a picture of your install?

HeatherMo745

ok here are the pictures.

radianRF.jpg

Here is the car seat.

not_bracing.jpg

Not bracing. My husband says he thinks that it has advanced airbags also.

tether.jpg

This is where I hooked the tether. It's a little hard to see, but I can't get a good angle.

frontseat.jpg

This is why I cant figure out the D-ring thing. There are plastic pieces that we cant get off and they cover the whole bottom part of the seat where it is attached to the floor of the truck.

Oh, and thanks for the help btw!

Last edited:

HeatherMo745

You do not have a tether anchor in your vehicle for rear facing car seats. You must use the d ring to create an anchor point. I'm not sure what you clipped it to but you need to undo it.

Can you post a picture of your install?

I am a little confused though. I was reading other reviews and another lady said,

"I had a '05 Z71 Tahoe up until 2wks ago. Man I miss my sweet girl. I LOVED my Tahoe and still wish I had it. It was a lease and had to be a good wife and get a vehicle dh wanted this go around.

My Tahoe had 2nd row caption chairs with a 50/50 split 3rd row. The front passenger leg had a rear facing tether hook that is great if you have a convertible that allows rear face tethering (Britax or Sunshine Kids)."

That is the same year and model we have.

Im not sure how to attach the post i found it on, but this is what was in my address bar.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=58074

Her profile also said she was a CPS tech..

(not trying to prove anyone wrong or right..just want what is safest for my munchkin!) :)

Lenae

My sister has the same RF tether spot on her Tahoe, but it's and '03 I believe. If that's not what that little spot is for, dang it if they didn't make it look like a place to put a RF tether.

HeatherMo745

Lenae said:
My sister has the same RF tether spot on her Tahoe, but it's and '03 I believe. If that's not what that little spot is for, dang it if they didn't make it look like a place to put a RF tether.

Right?! Lol they fooled me if that isn't what it is!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
It is a top tether anchor. GM included those on the front passenger seat in some of their SUV models (I remember seeing that front passenger seat tether anchor in the manual for an '02 or '03 Suburban I did a RF Britax install in), including yours. :)

love-pink

So glad you got it figured out! Thanks for clarifying Jeanum! Make sure you flip your top tether around, the flexible side should be on the bottom when installed correctly.

HeatherMo745

love-pink said:
So glad you got it figured out! Thanks for clarifying Jeanum! Make sure you flip your top tether around, the flexible side should be on the bottom when installed correctly.

Got it! Thank you. Changing it now :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC