Question about seats overlapping each other

obnurse19

Can parts of seats overlap each other in a 3 across install, or is that a no-no? I haven't done it yet, but I am going to try to put a Radian next to a Nautilus. I think the back measurements will be fine, but the arm rest may overlap the bottom part of the Radian seat. Yey or ney?
Thanks!
Dawn

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
It's fine, but the Nautilus doesn't puzzle with any seat. The armrest is the same size from the top to the bottom, there is no overlapping, even seats that sit on high bases are too low to go over the armrest on the Nautilus.

obnurse19

from left to right: Graco Snugride transitioning to Uptown (RF) then FF Radian, Nautilus.

They must go in this order, as the middle belt path is EXTREMELY narrow, and the Radian is the only seat that fits in it. The seat to the left seems more narrow than the one of the right, hence I put the RF seat there. I tried an old Cosco high back booster (yuck-o!) to the right of the Radian and it did fit, but that seat is being replaced.

I am trying to determine if I need another Radian or could be away with the Nautilus (which is my first pick for a seat for my 4yo)

I see what you are saying Gypsy about the armrest depth. I was thinking the armrest would go OVER the radian lower seat. I wonder if Walmart will let me take the demo out to try it in the car?

singingpond

Be careful if you buy one (Nautilus) to try, with the intention of returning if it doesn't fit. From what I read here, the armrests are very difficult (maybe impossible) to remove once you have snapped them in securely, so you may want to trial fit the seat with the armrests just resting lightly in their slots (that way you can pack the seat back up in its original state if it doesn't fit in your vehicle). Of course, if WalMart lets you try the assembled display model, this is not an issue....

Katrin

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC