PMs

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I think there's a problem. Not sure if this is the same as what Zactayaus posted, so I'm starting a new thread.

I've been sending/receiving multiple pms this morning for soup 'business'. I got e-mail notifications of two of them, came here and read them. I replied to both. Just got another notification via e-mail, came here...no pm from that person. BUT...it says I have two new pms...the ones I read earlier. I tried deleting, didn't work. I read one, my number changes to 1 new private message, go in and open the other again, it changes to 0...then if I refresh the screen is says I have 2 new ones again. The same ones I tried to delete, the same ones I've already opened and read multiple times. But still isn't showing the new one.

:confused:

ADS

CTPDMom

More weirdness!

I just noticed that it says emandbri responded to her post about contacting the school, so I click 'go to new post'. But she didn't reply again, it was apparently referring to her earlier reply. (10:54 I think it was) Since then others have replied, but it wasn't showing that in the 'last post' field. Then when I went back to the SCM main page, it was still showing her as the last post, so I clicked on the link again...and now she IS the last post, but the other posts (like mine) made after that were gone.

Also, in the announcements section I could see this post as being the last one. But when I enter this section, my message isn't listed. I could only get to it by clicking on it in the 'preview' area, from the main page. (Hope that makes sense.)

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I know there have been cases with the counter for new messages not being correct. Sometimes these are related to browser cookie/cache issues, but other times I don't recall if there was a fix.

On the other hand, it sounds like you received an email regarding a private message notification, but you never saw that PM in your box?

If it doesn't appear shortly, this is an issue I will have to look into as it would seem to be a database problem.

CTPDMom

On the other hand, it sounds like you received an email regarding a private message notification, but you never saw that PM in your box?

If it doesn't appear shortly, this is an issue I will have to look into as it would seem to be a database problem.

I'll let you know if it appears. I'm on my work desktop. I can also check from my Ipod when I go to lunch, no wifi here at work.

You are correct, I got an e-mail notification...but that PM is not in my inbox.

See my 2nd post also, other things are totally wonky, not just my pms.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The service provider was working with me on an issue to improve page loading speed and made a change for this a little while ago. I wouldn't have thought it was related to a problem like this, but it seems like it's probably not a coincidence. I will see if I can have the changes reversed.

CTPDMom

Yeah, I'm not seeing any new posts or anything posted after 11am. All of the 'last posts' are from then or earlier and I'm not seeing posts I *know* should be there when I click on any thread.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
All posts are back now for me on this thread. The forum appeared to go down for a few minutes. I just received an email that they made a change to the page loading speed issue and it does seem to be related. Please be patient while they look into it, I suspect no posts or message were lost, I hope!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Like Coleen's issue in post #6, my UserCP is also not showing the latest poster. The last poster shows around 10:42 but when you click on the thread there may be several new posts after that, or there may be no replies and it may be correct. So right now, you have no idea if a thread has new replies or not. And the server was down for me for a few minutes around that time. Maybe this issue will resolve itself since they restarted, but thought I'd throw it out there in case it's something that's broken after the restart.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I noticed that on new posts, the last poster shows up correctly, just not on UserCP. And also I am not seeing my previous post on this thread at all, neither as last poster in UserCP or actually in the thread itself.

ETA: and now my previous post is magically there.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I was also still having issues after the restart 5-10 minutes ago. For example, I could not see any replies in this thread. I logged out. Closed all browser windows. Then logged in again and it seems to be OK for the moment. I will update if I hear any status reports.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I was still seeing some issues. They seemed to be resolved, then it happened again. If you have similar issues with missing posts, missing private messages, New Posts lists that are not accurate, threads that have more replies than are indicated in the forum listing or other realted issuse, here are some things to try:

1. Ctrl-F5 (This tells the browser to download the page again from the server, not a locally saved cache file)
  2. Logout from your account.
  3. If you know how to delete your browser's internet cache or temporary files, do that as well. This may be found in a toolbar pulldown menu for "Delete Browsing History" or "Remove Temporary Internet Files" or similar wording. In Internet Explorer 8, for example:
    • Toolbar->Tools
    • Pulldown menu "Delete Browsing History" or Ctrl+Shift+Del
    • Uncheck "Preserve Favorite website data"
    • Check only "Temporary Internet files", leave all others unchecked
    • Click the "Delete" button
  4. Then, close all internet browser windows.
  5. Finally, open a browser window and login again.

I finally fixed my issues by unchecking the "Preserve Favorite website data" and now it is back to normal.

Added: For other browsers, try the instructions at one of these links:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html

CTPDMom

I just did all of the above fixes, after seeing that in the other thread re: the problems. I couldn't see THIS thread anymore...had no way to access it! LOL

But that does appear to have fixed the problem. Will let you know as the afternoon goes on.

Thank you! :D

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I just did all of the above fixes, after seeing that in the other thread re: the problems. I couldn't see THIS thread anymore...had no way to access it! LOL

But that does appear to have fixed the problem. Will let you know as the afternoon goes on.

Thank you! :D

What likely happened is that there were some images that browsers were loading each time. These images are the same every time you visit, so they can and should be saved on your local computer to avoid having to download every time you refresh or reload.

So, there is a server setting that tells a browser how often to re-download certain information. To make pages load faster, the hope was that this setting could be made longer for the images and other files in question. In the process, I think it also made it longer for many other pages. So, while your browser should not download the main forum logo image every single time you refresh the page, it probably should refresh the forum thread listings, if that makes sense. Inadvertently, the setting for many pages was changed to only be refreshed every hour or longer and so many people were effectively seeing an older local image of what happened some time ago.

This, of course, varies from browser to browser or perhaps some even override what the server tells them and request full updates every visit anyway. So, some people may not have been affected at all. Well, there's probably a much better way to explain it, but that is the jist I think.

CTPDMom

Makes sense...sort of...LOL...

I'm glad YOU know what's going on, 'cuz things sure would be messed up if *I* had to do any webmastering! LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC