Pictures of Coccoro with Flash stroller

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There are stock images of it folded too. Look at some of the websites selling them, you'll see it. It goes pretty flat.

ETA: okay, I did it for you. Here are side and back view stock photos of it folded.

4l6i5z.jpg

smbwpy.jpg

Is that the only way it sits on the frame? Can't go FF?
Yes, that's the only way it goes. Which is why it makes sense to me that it has the same weight limit for the child as RFing in the car. ;)

InternationalMama

That's great! Thanks for taking the pics.

How is the access to the basket when the seat is on?

Also, does the stroller come with some sort of bag? You'd need one if you wanted to try and put it in the overhead bin of an airplane.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
That's great! Thanks for taking the pics.

How is the access to the basket when the seat is on?

Also, does the stroller come with some sort of bag? You'd need one if you wanted to try and put it in the overhead bin of an airplane.

Supposedly there's a travel bag for the seat. I don't know if there's one for the stroller. I'd put it in the bin without a bag, though. I envision strolling it up to the gate, folding it right before the jetway, then just putting it away. Dealing with a bag would take too much time, IMO.

InternationalMama

Supposedly there's a travel bag for the seat. I don't know if there's one for the stroller. I'd put it in the bin without a bag, though. I envision strolling it up to the gate, folding it right before the jetway, then just putting it away. Dealing with a bag would take too much time, IMO.

Oh, I agree it takes too much time, but at least American airlines aren't supposed to allow you to put metal objects like strollers in the overhead bin if they aren't in a bag. I know this from a very bad experience when traveling with a newborn.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Really? I swear I've seen people put luggage carts in there. I wonder if the stroller would fit under the seat...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've put an umbrella stroller in the bin without a bag, and I know my cousin put a Radian in the bin without a bag.

Both were on Southwest, though. After my one and only experience when my oldest was a baby, I'm never flying American with children again! ;)

InternationalMama

I didn't mean American airlines as in the company. I meant airlines that fly under FAA regulations = American. I assume you still fly with those since they have the best most reliable car seat policies. :)

I know people *do* put metal objects in the overhead bins that aren't in bags. I am only telling you that you are not *supposed* to and that the flight attendants can and sometimes do tell you that you can't. (Leaving you stranded on a very cold jetway with no help and a newborn, for example.) So for me, if I want to stow something metal in an overhead bin I want to have a bag for it.

ETA: In another recent thread a former flight attendant (Eclipsepearl) said that she and other flight attendants used to make a game of catching and stopping people who were trying to sneak strollers into the overhead bins.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh, okay. Gotcha. ;) I didn't know that was a rule, and have never seen it on a single airline's policy page (though I've only flown a few so it may be on some. Or I may have missed it.) All I've ever seen is that a stroller does or doesn't count toward your checked baggage or carryon limit, and that they may be carried on if they are within the carryon size limit, not that it must be in a bag. A few airlines recommend a bag to protect it when checking it.

ETA: in fact, thinking back, the FA on SW helped me lift the un-bagged stroller into the overhead bin. Yeah, I am wondering if it's just some airlines' policy, or whether some of them just ignore the FAA rules then?

Kat_Momof3

it's obviously a niche setup (and thanks for the pics)... good for city folk who primarily use the subway/bus/mass transit in places like NYC, DC, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, etc... but want the carseat with them in case of inclement weather or some other unexpected occurrence that requires them to take a cab.... this seat will possibly even get them until their child is ready to use a ride safer travel vest (which starts at 35lbs...) After the child is unable to use it in the stroller, it's still very lightweight)

It's also great for people who travel frequently by air...

and the stroller makes it easier to get through the airport with it and baby.

cdncasper

I have that exact stroller for my SS1 and love it. Takes up almost no room in my little Civic trunk and holds a decent amount of stuff.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I have that exact stroller for my SS1 and love it. Takes up almost no room in my little Civic trunk and holds a decent amount of stuff.

You probably know this, but that stroller is only approved for use with the Coccoro. I'm not saying it won't work with other seats, just putting it out there for people who may not know.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
it's obviously a niche setup (and thanks for the pics)... good for city folk who primarily use the subway/bus/mass transit in places like NYC, DC, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, etc... but want the carseat with them in case of inclement weather or some other unexpected occurrence that requires them to take a cab....
The thought of trying to live without a car in L.A. made me :eek: I know some very poor people do it but somehow I doubt they'll be buying this...

this seat will possibly even get them until their child is ready to use a ride safer travel vest (which starts at 35lbs...) After the child is unable to use it in the stroller, it's still very lightweight)
the new RSTV starts at 30 lbs. and 3 years. :) Old starts at 35 but won't fit until closer to 40.
It's also great for people who travel frequently by air...

and the stroller makes it easier to get through the airport with it and baby.

That is what I see it being most useful for for most people-- people who fly at least several times a year and have a CCO as either their primary or travel seat. :) I can see people in NYC or other cities with really excellent mass transit and large populations without cars using it for around town too but obviously that's a very small niche!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The thought of trying to live without a car in L.A. made me :eek: I know some very poor people do it but somehow I doubt they'll be buying this...

I LOLed at the idea of LA even having mass transit. (Ok, I exagerate a bit... But yeah, most people who take mass transit here won't be getting a Coccoro.) Although while I'm digressing, I just read about a blog called Snob on a Bus by a woman in LA who gave up her car and found that she really loves taking the bus. She's young and single, but if she ever has kids, I could see her getting one. She could blog about it. There, I brought the topic full-circle.

luvmyboyz

I'm not sure why you would need a stroller on the plane or why anyone would want to deal with the hassle of dragging it down the aisle and storing it in the overhead bin :whistle:, but you could easily shove the flash into a cheapo lightweight nylon duffel. I always just dump my combi stroller at the end of the jetway for the airline to store and return. The stroller looks pretty bad after nearly 5 years of this abuse, but that's what it's for!

Kat_Momof3

You probably know this, but that stroller is only approved for use with the Coccoro. I'm not saying it won't work with other seats, just putting it out there for people who may not know.

There is more than one Flash Stroller... they make the original one for infant seats.

the new RSTV starts at 30 lbs. and 3 years. :) Old starts at 35 but won't fit until closer to 40.

That is what I see it being most useful for for most people-- people who fly at least several times a year and have a CCO as either their primary or travel seat. :) I can see people in NYC or other cities with really excellent mass transit and large populations without cars using it for around town too but obviously that's a very small niche!

Okay... just tossed LA out as an example of a big city... didn't know their mass transit wasn't more like DC.

I THOUGHT they'd changed the limits on the RSTV, but couldn't find it anywhere to confirm it... even on their official site! (ETA - found it at one of the stores online that carries it... Healthcheck Systems)

and yes, it is a very small niche... the bigger one is people wanting the ability to have a lightweight compact seat for a small car and/or plane travel... and I suspect the stroller will not sell as well as the seat... but I also hope that they realize this and make the flash strollers combine so that the same one that takes infant seats takes this seat... then they don't end up with backed up stock.

livsmum

I bought the Combi Flash EX 4 years ago for my now 4 year old. It worked great with her Eddie Bauer infant seat. I always had the strap going across it - and had it so tight there was no way she'd come to harm.

Has anyone used the Keyfit 30 with the Combi Flash EX? That's the seat I'm thinking about getting with this new baby, and want to still use the Combi.

InternationalMama

I'm not sure why you would need a stroller on the plane or why anyone would want to deal with the hassle of dragging it down the aisle and storing it in the overhead bin :whistle:

I just wanted to protect my stroller. Also some international airlines dump gate checked strollers at baggage claim so if you need the stroller to get to baggage claim you don't want to gate check it with them.

Since people were talking about putting it in the overhead bin I was just wondering if they included a bag and wanted people to know you might need one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC