Pics of kids in Husky/Regent vs. Safeguard?

Morganthe

If you're looking for depth, don't depend on a Radian either. I just measured and it's just under 12 inches.

It's comfortable for shorter trips, especially since she can rest her toes on the center consule or dh's seatback occasionally. But that narrow depth is the primary reason I'm getting the Regent. She's fine now, but it's not going to support those long legs for distance driving. I'm so tempted to try out the Recaro still, but I just don't think there's going to be enough overall space for the seat + the base & frame in the Camry. It's a bigger version of the Maxi Cosi and that filled the area well enough :eek:

Just when you thought the search for a decent carseat was finally over :rolleyes: :(

ADS

arly1983

If you're looking for depth, don't depend on a Radian either. I just measured and it's just under 12 inches.

It's comfortable for shorter trips, especially since she can rest her toes on the center consule or dh's seatback occasionally. But that narrow depth is the primary reason I'm getting the Regent. She's fine now, but it's not going to support those long legs for distance driving. I'm so tempted to try out the Recaro still, but I just don't think there's going to be enough overall space for the seat + the base & frame in the Camry. It's a bigger version of the Maxi Cosi and that filled the area well enough :eek:

Just when you thought the search for a decent carseat was finally over :rolleyes: :(

You and me both....I was about to cancel my preorder but....

scatterbunny

I feel the same as you guys. I just don't think any of the HWH seats out (or coming out) fit our needs. :( I hate the big base on the Recaro, The Safeguard is WAY too pricey and seems to be shallow in seat depth, the Regent requires short belt path+recline bar, and I cannot get solid installs with that method. :( Gah, this just sucks. I have to convince myself that the Husky is just fine using LBP, it has a little over a year of life left, so I do have awhile to make up my mind (thank goodness, I feel so bad for you guys who need a seat NOW). I am really just frustrated with Britax over all of this, and don't even want to use their seat anymore. :mad:

MsFacetious

I'm going with Recaro when they come out. And Britax better have a solution for me in the meantime. I need new seats ASAP and I can not afford to buy them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC