Peg Perego Convertible

ktbug87

Can anyone tell me about this seat?

Specifically, versus the Britax Marathon?

Which has more RF leg room and shell height?

Last edited:
ADS

CuddlyMonsters

I just ordered me one of these to move my 8 month old DD into it. I am kind of excited to try it out. I am hoping that it fits nicely RF with DH being 6"2'. I also have a Marathon which is about to expire in DH's truck. If you want once I get the Peg, I can take pictures and compare the two?

Last edited:

Mugsmom

I've noticed this seat doesn't get a whole lotta love on this site. Is it mainly because of the manual & seatbelt install (as KQ mentioned in her review)? I've considered getting it instead of the Foonf for our all-torso DS, but I don't see it recommended on here very much.

ktbug87

It's honestly more comparable to the Radian than the Marathon, in my opinion. My experience playing with it: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=220174

Thanks! I haven't found much info on this site, and some of it has been conflicting so I wasn't sure.

My situation is that we have one radian for my husband's car that we will put our 6 month-old tall boy in.

We are trying to decide what to get for my car. I figured a marathon, then we would replace it with a new seat when he outgrows it RF (probably at 2 from what I read on here) with a seat that he can continue to RF in. I just don't like the radian for a young baby, so I don't want two.

Anyway..

What I've been trying to figure out is if the Peg Perego will last us to 3 years or 4 years RF. If so, I was going to skip the marathon.

I've seen conflicting things because of the rule about the lower 7 harness settings being the only ones you can use for RF.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It absolutely will. With the top setting allowed for RF, it has only half an inch less than the Radian by my measurement, and since it goes by the 1" rule, while the Radian goes by a 1.5" rule, they last about the same by height.

ktbug87

It absolutely will. With the top setting allowed for RF, it has only half an inch less than the Radian by my measurement, and since it goes by the 1" rule, while the Radian goes by a 1.5" rule, they last about the same by height.

This is awesome! Thank you so much!

gigi

I love the looks of the Peg and am considering it for my baby, but just wanted to add one warning...this seat has the back height and the harness height connected, so if your child has a very large head it will be outgrown much sooner RF (because if you raise back enough to accomodate head, the straps will be above baby's shoulders).

For my first who has an enormous head, this would have been a problem. Kid 2 has a normal sized head and this will not be an issue.

CuddlyMonsters

I just received my Peg Convertible today.

I took a picture of it before I installed it into the car next to a Britax Marathon.

7223723422_e88659f11b.jpg

7223723270_79f54fa2cc.jpg

CuddlyMonsters

To give you somewhat of an idea the headrest is in the third slot in the pictures. I can get one of the headrest in top slot but it is going to have to wait. I would have to uninstall it to get it, but this thing installs and uninstalls in seconds!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The 7th slot is the top one allowed for RF. It puts the top of the headrest several inches above the top of the rest of the seat shell. :) And yeah, the LATCH install is a cinch! Too bad the 40 lb. limit (unless your car states a higher) and extreme difficulty with the seatbelt installation means it's basically not going to work to RF kids to 45 lbs. unless you have a vehicle with a 48 lbs. LATCH limit.

ktbug87

Thanks for the info and pictures! We're going to look at the seat today hopefully, and probably get one. From what I can tell, it should be a great fit for us.

We do have to install with seatbelts, but I'm hopeful we will manage it.

oakster

Ktbug87, please do post a follow up once you get your seat--this is one we're looking at too and we also have to do a seatbelt install, so that's my major concern with so many people noting that it's really tough. Would love to hear how it goes!

ktbug87

Ktbug87, please do post a follow up once you get your seat--this is one we're looking at too and we also have to do a seatbelt install, so that's my major concern with so many people noting that it's really tough. Would love to hear how it goes!

No problem! I will tell you, we took the car seat out to our car yesterday to test it. I've never seen one before or read the manual, and I had it installed RF with the seatbelt in under a minute. You just tilt the seat a bit, grab the belt and pull it through (there's a nice sized opening for your hand once you tilt it, and buckle. I did not notice any problem with this. My husband didn't try, so I'm not sure if his hand would have fit.

CuddlyMonsters

No problem! I will tell you, we took the car seat out to our car yesterday to test it. I've never seen one before or read the manual, and I had it installed RF with the seatbelt in under a minute. You just tilt the seat a bit, grab the belt and pull it through (there's a nice sized opening for your hand once you tilt it, and buckle. I did not notice any problem with this. My husband didn't try, so I'm not sure if his hand would have fit.

We have this seat, I currently have it installed with LATCH, but we tried the seatbelt and either way this seat installed very easily. It is easy to move it "if" you need.

I seriously took longer to adjust the seat to fit my 8 month old DD than it took to install the sucker into my van!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC