Outgrown Height on Evenflo Symphony

U

Unregistered

My daughter rides in an Evenflo Symphony 65 in my sister's car. It's an older version (2012 I think is when we bought it). She rides in it maybe 1-2 times a month. We just realized yesterday that the straps are as high as they can go and her shoulders are even, almost higher than the straps. I know FF they should be even or under the straps. My problem is, she weighs maybe 36lbs and the requirement for booster is 40lbs (from what I can find from google). She is 4.5 years old and maybe 39-41in tall. The seat says it has a higher height limit but she has a long torso and it's starting to hurt her shoulders. We cannot afford another 5 point harness, FF seat at the moment (we are buying 2 new ones for our other child right now). So would you recommend getting her a highback booster with different weight limits? Or is she too small for a HB booster? We have her in a 5 point harness in both of our cars that she rides in every day but she uses my sisters car very little, which is why I don't want to spend a whole lot on a seat if I do not have to. Any recommendations??

ADS

AllieK

Can you turn her back to rear facing? I'm not familiar with the Symphony so I don't know if there is a RF height limit, but that might be an option until you can buy another harnessed seat.

I would not be comfortable putting a 4 year old who is that petite in a booster at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Can you turn her back to rear facing? I'm not familiar with the Symphony so I don't know if there is a RF height limit, but that might be an option until you can buy another harnessed seat.

I would not be comfortable putting a 4 year old who is that petite in a booster at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

40" or 1" of headrest above the head in the second to bottom headrest position.

Most kids outgrow it between two and three years old rear facing. A child who is outgrowing the harness has long outgrown the rear facing capacity. Very few seats have a child fit rear facing who doesn't forward (the Cosco Apt40 and Cosco Scenera Next are the only two I can think of).

Wendy

Brianna

If you're buying 2 new seats for another child- could you buy a bigger 5 point harness for the one outgrowing the Symphony, and pass down the Symphony to the other child?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC