NEW USAA Brochure

ADS

HEVY

They still recommend turning them around at 1 and 20lbs. And on page 4 the pic on the bottom left, you can see how loose the seatbelt is. I know I'm being picky, but I would really like to see someone publish something saying RF til 35lbs, and by pass the 1 and 20 rule ot at least explain it's not safe.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
There isn't much information about ERF or EH. :(

Otherwise, it looks good. I like the mention of hard toys as projectiles.

MomToEliEm

Thanks for posting. I want to order some to distribute at my daughter's preschool.

When I went to the site to place my order, it had the place to enter my info and when I hit submit, it didn't seem to do anything. When I clicked the link again though, it said I had already submitted my info. For others who ordered, did the submit button take you to another screen saying "order successful"?

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
They still recommend turning them around at 1 and 20lbs. And on page 4 the pic on the bottom left, you can see how loose the seatbelt is. I know I'm being picky, but I would really like to see someone publish something saying RF til 35lbs, and by pass the 1 and 20 rule ot at least explain it's not safe.

I agree they need to fix the turning at 1 and 20 lbs. It was like that in the last book too. They do mention some seats RF to 30-35 lbs though.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
thank you for posting! I will be ordering some for our facility!

YW :)

Thanks for posting. I want to order some to distribute at my daughter's preschool.

When I went to the site to place my order, it had the place to enter my info and when I hit submit, it didn't seem to do anything. When I clicked the link again though, it said I had already submitted my info. For others who ordered, did the submit button take you to another screen saying "order successful"?

It usually just says your order has been submitted. They have a veriety of brochures available. You may want to get others for the preschool too.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
What height setting is that 3 in 1 on? I've wondered what it looks like in the unusable setting.

I believe that *may* be in the "use for booster mode only" setting. I will have to look at mine later and measure the distance the headrest is above he shell when in the booster position.

momtoirs

Has anyone with a Mac successfully ordered these? If so, what browser did you use? Nothing happens when I click the submit button the first time. The second time, I get a message that I already clicked the button. This happened when I tried to order from them before and I never received anything, so I'm assuming that my order didn't go through. I've tried Safari and Firefox without luck.

Thanks!

Tina

MomToEliEm

Has anyone with a Mac successfully ordered these? If so, what browser did you use? Nothing happens when I click the submit button the first time. The second time, I get a message that I already clicked the button. This happened when I tried to order from them before and I never received anything, so I'm assuming that my order didn't go through. I've tried Safari and Firefox without luck.

Thanks!

Tina

I'm not using MAC, but the same thing happened when I was using Firefox. I finally saw the "Submitted successfully message" when I used Internet Explorer. Maybe you can put in an order on another computer with a different browser. It certainly didn't like my firefox. Hopefully I didn't just order 300 copies of the brochure (though I could definitely distribute that many) during my attempts to order it.

MomToEliEm

Wow, I am shocked at how quickly my brochures arrived. I ordered 100 booklets on Monday and they were delivered today (Thursday).

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Yes, They are very fast! I got my 1st box today. I order about everyday since I have a big safety fair coming up. We are expecting 3K-6K people

mommy-medic

When I order them online and click the button, nothign happens for me and my brochures didn't show up, so I called the phone number (800) 531-6196 and ask for #544- installing child safety seats. They send them out to you right away, absolutely free- no shipping or anything.

Maedze

Things I noticed right off the bat

1. Infant seat installed without base: seatbelt was practically flopping it was so loose

2. Dorel 3-in-1 identified as a 'combination' and they specifically say it can't be used rear facing

3. Britax Regent identified as a 'convertible'

4. Child in Dorel 3-in-1 in harness in topmost position, which is for booster only

5. No mention of rearfacing to the limit of the seat

6. No mention of a minimum of 4 years old for booster use (I know 2 year olds who reach 40 pounds!)

7. Picture of roughly 8 year old boy in belt only. Claims to sitting properly but the lapbelt looks pretty darned high to me.

monzogary

Senior Community Member
More than one person has said that the 3 in 1 is being used in the top most unusable harness position, but I really don't think it is. Here is a pic of dd#3 in a 3 in 1 at the top most usable position this past spring:

0218081847b.jpg

Looks about the same to me.

Maedze

I wanted to post a picture from the brochure next to your DDs but I can't figure out how to attach pictures :confused:

Anyhow it seems to me there is a lot more harness in the brochure's picture than there is on your dd, but maybe it's an optical illusion? The child in the picture has a much taller torso I think .

monzogary

Senior Community Member
She still had about an inch to grow to the actual slot in that pic. Her torso was still under 15".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC