New stickers for a Chicco Keyfit 30?

kadora

DD3 has about outgrown our Keyfit 30 that we've used for all 3 kiddos. Its manuf. date is April '08, so I was planning to give it to my sister (it's never been in any kind of accident) but all the stickers but the one large one in Spanish (we both speak Spanish so it I never thought about it, lol) have come off. I was reading something randomly the other day where someone mentioned that was illegal?? Ours fell off in the first 3 years, so I didn't think that could be true, because how can they make a carseat that's supposed to last 5+ years with stickers that fall off in the first few? (if it's illegal, I mean) Anyway--- I do want new ones for her, how do I take care of that? Thanks!

ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Call Chicco CS and ask them what the best course of action is. There's nothing illegal about using a seat without stickers. They just can't sell them without labels for obvious reasons. Is the "main" sticker still there? The one with the model # and the date of manufacture? I have quite a few training seats in my collection with peeling and lost labels (mostly Graco but a few others as well) but they all still have the main, most important label. I've yet to see that one peel off - manufacturers must use different stickers with different adhesive for that particular label.

Anyhow, if the sticker with the model # and DOM is still there and legible, and you verify that this seat wasn't affected by the recall in 2008, and you have the instruction manual to give her - there is no real issue with the stickers being gone.

FYI - here's info on the 2008 KeyFit recall:

Key Fit
Key Fit 30
Cortina TravelSystems
BASES ONLY
All 02/26/08-03/17/08
Recall applies only to bases manufactured between 2/26/2008 and 3/17/2008. When
installed with LATCH, the webbing used to tighten the base can slip through the
adjustment lock. Bases with serial number is between 08 02 26 (February 26, 2008)
and 08 03 17 (March 17, 2008) are covered by this recall. Contact mfg. for
replacement base. Install the base with the vehicle seat belts until replacement base
is obtained.

HTH!

kadora

Just call Chicco and see what they say.

Okay, thanks--I'm just not sure when I'll have time for an all-morning phone call (what happened the last time I tried calling Chicco)! But as long as you're not saying it's illegal, I guess I have a few months to find the time. :cool:

jwilliams

You can also try submitting a message via the Chicco website. They usually reply within 72 hours and you don't have to be on hold :)

cso1997

All of my stickers fell off too. I hadn't even given it a second thought. I have the manual and I never ever look at those stickers anyway. Illegal? That sounds a bit dramatic to me (from that person, not you). Even if it was (it isn't), I'd love the find the police officer that has the time and cares enough to make an issue. Honestly, I wouldn't bother calling Chicco for a seat that old that you don't plan to sell to a stranger. But to each, their own.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC