New evenflo seat available sept 2008

crunchierthanthou

thanks for the pictures. It looks like a three way cross of the GN, AOE and EFTA. I'm bummed about the 40 lb ff limit. and more gray mesh! If they're looking for feedback, I'd suggest anything other than gray mesh. It seems like they took a page from Graco's book on that one and we are so beyond burnt out on it. :p

as a side note- you may want to try your little guy rear facing again. Studies show that rf is 4-5 times safer than ff under age two. The AAP recommends rf to the limits of the seat. You can find tons of info on the benefits floating around this board and here's a site with a good explanation- http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/stayrearfacing.aspx. :)

ADS

jewlsvern

Also, can they do anything abut those red tabs. Any other way to put the info there without the extra bulk of the red tab? Maybe similar to the warning labels they sew on the seats.

Shaunam

I'd really like to know the top slot height of the seat. And I'm also hoping that by the time this seat is released, they will realize we want more than 40 lbs and will test it to 50 lbs! If it's so much like the EFTA, I can't imagine why they couldn't get it to pass to 50 lbs. Anyway, I think it has potential, if it has a tall shell, tall top harness slot and they get it to 50 lbs. And I'd like to see a 4 year old 40 lb child using it as a booster to see how it fits. Is that too much to ask? :p

ETA: oh yeah and an 8 year expiration. Really, tell me when to stop. :ROTFLMAO:

Mommy2Marcus

Edited as I didn't fully read the rest of the replys. It is fugly & I am very sorey dissapointed that it is not a higher weight limit on it. However it looks like an okay seat. It also looks like a cross between the GN & the EFTA to me! It does look like it has a pretty good tall shell for RF as well as FF as well as decent top slots.

To the person who posted the pics. Thanks VERY much! I would also suggest trying your DS rear-facing(RF) again. My 22 month old is still RF at 26-27lbs. It is SO much safer. Here is a GREAT video showing & explaining the benefits of RF to the max limits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psmUWg7QrC8

I also have some more information if you would like it. I would deffinatly put your DS back RF again though as it is SO much safer! Also if you look at the picture in my signature, that is my DS riding RF at 22 months, 26ish lbs & as you can see he is VERY comfortable! He also sleeps SO much better in the car RF than FF!

jmm3

Thanks for the pictures! It looks like it might be a good option, but if they make it more expensive than the Nautilus, I don't think I'd get it. Although it could be good if you still need RF.

Are there belt guides just under the headrest on either side? It almost looks like the belt guides are covered by black padding/fabric. That could be kind of nice since so many people were concerned about the belt guides on the Nautilus being hard plastic right next to kids' heads. I wonder if the belt guides are really under there, or if they're somewhere else.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
the slots do like like they go really high...??..which makes no sense if it is only a 40 pound seat?
ya..fugly.
I'm also wondering if that adjuster gets smushed into the seat when RFing? It looks placed down low.
And the red tabs make it an absolute NO for us. They are awful and leave nasty marks on dd's neck.
All in all...bleh. certainly no knocking my socks off.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Could you measure from the seat to the highest position that the shoulder straps will go to?

Maybe they could change the EFTA's harness adjuster to one like this one.

Susan

ginny4

that is so neat that you get to be a tester for carseats. that is sooooo cool. thanks for sharing pics too. i agree a cross between EFTA & GN. why on earth a 40lb FF limit???? if you can get the measurement for us we would be oh so grateful. (top harness height AND the top belt guide height in booster mode) it does look comfy like the EFTA does. not sure about those red tabs. those things annoy me. but i'm liking the front adjuster instead of the knobs.

Shaunam

Another thing I wonder...if you can use the seat rf'ing with the child's head over the shell but within the headrest. It looks like it goes pretty high, but the shell itself doesn't look very tall.

BabyKaykes

Doesn't look like it's going to make a very good booster.

As for the top slot height, Remember that the Generations/Bolero only has a 40lb limit but 17" top slots. I can only hope that while they have people testing the seats, they're trying to pass to seat to 50lb.

Have to say, though, that in the world of Combo seats, this would be great for home daycare. It looks easier to adjust quickly than the Frontier or AOE, and if you can install it without the base for harness mode, then you could easily use it as a booster without uninstalling (provided it's a LATCHable booster).

TerisBoys

Hmmmm...

KayCee's comments made me think...

Are the straps on the EFTA removable? Will these be able to be removed in booster mode?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I don't see how the straps are going to come off either. :confused: I do like that it doesn't have knobs. If it weren't the heck of a time I have putting the Triumph in people's cars and actually getting it to work, I'd reccomend it.

capeKO71

Who knew car seats could breed? It looks like the Nautilus and EFTA got a little friendly with each other in the car seat aisle.

:ROTFLMAO:

I was thinking it also looks a tad bit like a truefit... with all that padding...

kmcenery

I really dont like it either. I how do you find companys that need you to test out car seats. This is the first time I have heard of this. I think it would be kind of cool to do.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Am I the only one who wouldn't want to put their LO in a trial seat?! :confused:

Trial doesn't mean that it hasn't passed FMVSS standards. Heck, I know someone here on this board that had a pre-market release of the Britax Blvd CS.

It makes sense to have a small release prior to mass release so that if the seat has major issues, you can redesign the seat and re-test it prior to producing the inventory. Yes, certification & design is expensive, but so is releasing a seat that doesn't sell. This stage could also be about things like padding and colors - type of cupholder, if something needs to be clearer in the instructions...

Thinking of the Advocate, Britax even did pre-sales on it, but then scrapped it before it went in to full production. No clue why, but they must have found something prior to marketing. :shrug-shoulders:

But you can be certain that in order for it to be used in the vehicle it has already passed FMVSS standards. The seat just isn't available to the public yet.

eta: The harness adjuster positioning doesn't look problematic to me. If you look at it in relation to where the bend in the seat is, it's actually pretty high up and close to the bend. I wouldn't expect that area to be squished in to the seatback.

I am curious how the harness is removed for booster mode - maybe it gets stored behind the cover somehow or something? I think the biggest reason the EFTA harness isn't removable is because of the knobs - the harness tightens around a mechanism under the seat- I'm guessing like a spool. That part would be impossible to remove and then replace & rethread. With this seat having a front adjuster, I'm guessing the hip straps are anchored and will come up through the shell somehow leaving the top of the harness the only part I can't really speculate on.

I'm sure the red tabs would cause problems for fewer kids if they just made them a little narrower and not as thick - or even made it red fabric like a heavy duty clothing tag type thing. (Thinking the fabric that Britax uses for it's name on their covers.) It would have the same effect, but wouldn't add extra height or an edge on the top of the harness... the red tabs have never bothered ds, but since they bother others, they would do well to address it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC