Question New Booster Seat

U

Unregistered

We were in an accident and I need to replace my son's booster seat. I have a three year old as well and ordered him the Diono Radian RXT as his replacement but I'm struggling on the 7 year old. I now have a 2013 Toyota Sienna. My 7 year old is a touch over average height and weight - so not small.

He'd LOVE to go backless but I'm not sure I'm ready for that. I'd also like to have something that once he is done with it we can move it to my husbands car for my three year old (when he is old enough/ready for a booster) So I think high back is the way to go. This is not a HAVE too - it'd just be easy.

I've been searching the web and I can't make this decision and I need to SOON.

Whats my best bet for a highback booster -- or do I just let him go backless now?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd look at the Graco Turbobooster, Graco Affix, Diono Monterey, Recaro Pro or Performance Booster, Britax Parkway or 2013 Parkway, Clek Oobr.

Wendy

HappyHoo

I tried my 7 yo in a backless for an 80 min ea way trip and she did fine while awake. But trying to nap a bit on the way home didn't go so well so she agrees a highback is better for that for now.

She's about outgrown the Graco boosters in high back mode and our vehicles don't work so well to offer headrest support for the Monterey so I eventually ended up with the Britax Parkway for her and like it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC