Need help picking a seat for the newbie!

featherhead

It looks like you might have it over reclined, judging by the line on the shell (but I could be wrong). With the Evenflo seats you just need to use a pool noodle at the seat bight to recline it a little more.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
With the TinyFit in you'll see that you may not even need it that reclined. The TinyFit adds quite a bit of recline for a newborn.

It looks good. It is one of the few seats nearly guaranteed to get most kids from birth to booster.

Wendy

Ariel

Heather, I thought that too as did the store employee. I think if I were to actually strap it in and tighten it down the tension on the latch buckles would pull it down into the seat. It was literally just sat in the seat with nothing buckled and latched.

Ariel

Another thing I can do is recline the actual vehicle seat more. It was still in the position we had it for the Frontier.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
It looks like you have the seat pretty reclined already, I wouldn't recline it any more *especially* if you have children in the 3rd row.

featherhead

Heather, I thought that too as did the store employee. I think if I were to actually strap it in and tighten it down the tension on the latch buckles would pull it down into the seat. It was literally just sat in the seat with nothing buckled and latched.

Yup, buckling it in should definitely help :) It looks like it should work.

Ariel

Thanks for the pics of the Radian. It looks like it's just not going to recline enough for me. We never used it with the newbie, mine were both older when they went into them.

Heather, I think this is the one I am going to go with. It seems to fit fine in my seats and my 6yo said it was comfy.

Ariel

Well, we picked up the Pria tonight at BRU. The trade in event is up on Monday so we wanted to go ahead and save the $60 now. I will expire in Aug 2017 but she should be in her big sisters Frontier before it expires.

Is it sad that I am scared to play with it?! The tiny fit intimidates me! LOL!

Ariel

Just an update for everyone....

Baby girl arrived on April 15th at 7 pounds 8 ounces and 19 inches long. We have the shoulder straps at the second slot in the tiny fit and she fits perfectly in the seat! PLUS her head doesn't flop around like my other newborns did in their bucket seats.

The only 'issue' some may have is that to tighten the straps with the tiny fit you have to reach behind the seat and manually pull them then pull the strap on the front. Not a big deal to me since the straps are easily accessed. I could even re-thread the harness without removing the seat if I needed to.

Here is her coming home picture.
DSC_0872.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC