Question Need 1 more seat

Oceana

I have a decathalon which will expire in 2 years
a safeguard child seat which is 2 years old
I have 2 graco boosters which are 1 year old
I have 1 cleck oobr which is 6 months old (this seat is currently only used for taxi use for the 5 year old)

I have 2 cars
a 2002 toyota prius
a 2009 toyota sienna 8 seater

I have 3 kids
a slinder 45+ lb 5.5 year old son
a slinder 37ish lb 3.5 year old son
and I will have a newborn come summer

The prius will only be used for the older 2 kids with 1 seat for each of them. So 1 booster and 1 car seat

the van will need to seat all 3

so what kind of seat should I get? to get the most use of every seat? who should sit in which car seat in which car?

My 1st thought is a new Britax conv...

so what seat would you buy? My DH wants to buy another safeguard and while I love that car seat the price is high. It was worth it when my older son needed it because he had penis issues in the britax and the safeguard was the only seat he was comfortable in.

I just had 2 seats expire... so before when we had guests ect I had plenty of seats for everyone *sigh*

ADS

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Do you have an infant seat or are you using a convertible from birth? Britax seats don't work very good for a newborn, so I would get a new convertible that worked well for newborns. I would check out the truefit, raidan and truimph.

Oceana

Do you have an infant seat or are you using a convertible from birth? Britax seats don't work very good for a newborn, so I would get a new convertible that worked well for newborns. I would check out the truefit, raidan and truimph.

So far my other 2 fit fine in the britax at birth... well within the height weight requirements. I would rather spend money on a convertable than an infant seat which woudl need to be replaced. I am not a baby bucket kinda mom so that function doesnt appeal to me at all

which trufit, raidan or triumph?

NannyMom

The problem with the Britax convertibles is even though it says it can be used at 5 pounds, the harness slots have to be at or below the baby's shoulders. A 5 pound baby would have to be all torso and no legs to have the bottom slots at their shoulders. Baby S is 75th percentile for length, and just barely fits in the Marathon at 3 months.

First Years True Fit
Evenflo Triumph Advance

They both fit young babies well. Other say the Sunshine Kids radian does as well, but I haven't experienced that with BabyS.

MANDY1234

The radian was a good fit for Mya when she was born. Oh Mya was 8'10 and 20 inches at birth (I don't remember what her torso height was) I wish I would have just bought 3 Radians instead of teh SS1 since I hate carrying her in that thing lol

Oceana

The problem with the Britax convertibles is even though it says it can be used at 5 pounds, the harness slots have to be at or below the baby's shoulders. A 5 pound baby would have to be all torso and no legs to have the bottom slots at their shoulders. Baby S is 75th percentile for length, and just barely fits in the Marathon at 3 months.

Both of mine had the shoulder straps just below their shoulders in the Decathalon... perhaps its a difference in the decathalon with the padding and the marathon? It lists 10.5 as torso length on the britax website and both of mine were over 21 inches...

Hum, this will be my 1st girl so she could be smaller...

NannyMom

Both of mine had the shoulder straps just below their shoulders in the Decathalon... perhaps its a difference in the decathalon with the padding and the marathon? It lists 10.5 as torso length on the britax website and both of mine were over 21 inches...

Hum, this will be my 1st girl so she could be smaller...

Maybe it is the padding. I forgot the Decathalon has that :) And I've never seen a new baby in it either. Torso is butt to shoulder when sitting. New babies are almost 1/4 head.

Anyway, I'd look into the True Fit or the Evenflo Triumph Advance. Over the 2, my personal preferance would be the True Fit. But you can go to Babies R Us and check them both out (even try them in your vehicle).

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
SOME new babies are almost 1/4 head. Mine was only about 1/5 head and was 1/2 torso (literally) at birth. Maybe her babies are long-torsoed. :)

That said, I'm planning on a True Fit for my next baby to come home in, too (unless something better comes out by then!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC