NBD August

Status
Not open for further replies.

StillThankful

SO NBD still has not sent me a return label for my used carrier that was labelled in new condition. I am truly upset with this madness.

Today when I called *again* I was told they wouldn't be sending a label because 'too many people are sending new carriers back for no reason.'

Huh? You called weeks ago and this is the final answer you get? In fact, I called for you that day and the lady said it was no problem for you to return it.

I was afraid this was going to happen. I'm sure that others besides CSO members are purchasing and returning products b/c of the UPC label missing.

I'm so sorry. I would still call tomorrow to speak to someone else.

ADS

daisypaige

I took a chance and bought a Britax carrier with the hope (but no expectation) it would still have the UPC on the box. Labeled as "Opened & Resealed Box." Is that the condition everyone else's has been labeled as?

crunchierthanthou

I took a chance and bought a Britax carrier with the hope (but no expectation) it would still have the UPC on the box. Labeled as "Opened & Resealed Box." Is that the condition everyone else's has been labeled as?

I wonder if there's some sort of pattern to which ones have UPCs - like the ones that cost more to start with aren't the ones the people are ordering just to send back.

Mine was a tan organic, marked open box, and had the UPC. That was way back when the promotion was just getting started, though.

mom2kandm

I wonder if there's some sort of pattern to which ones have UPCs - like the ones that cost more to start with aren't the ones the people are ordering just to send back.

Mine was a tan organic, marked open box, and had the UPC. That was way back when the promotion was just getting started, though.

Mine was the black one and had the upc. I also got in early. So, i have no clue. :shrug-shoulders:

poohbear

I thought about doing that with Amazon, but DH told me no FR85 unless I can get it for $150 or less, so no doubt NBD is my best bet. I do get a little worried about buying something I don't know for sure is 100% brand-new though.

Oh, I wouldn't worry - I have gotten a couple of car seats from them as well as other items and all have been basically brand new (everything inside the box has been bagged up from the factory). If there is anything wrong with it, you can send it back. They will accept a return for a car seat that appears used (that's a different situation than this UPC issue). You got an awesome deal - enjoy it! :D

Lilybug1

I got a tan organic with no UPC. It was really recent though. I think the carrier UPC codes are just really easy to remove. It's like a sticker, as opposed to part of the packaging that you would have to cut out. That's my theory.

And I do think someone (unethical, mind you) is more likely to just order a carrier for $70 and attempt to return it without the UPC and take their chances. At worst, the store will refuse the return and they end up with a $70 carrier they didn't want. They can also then try to resell it if doesn't work.

Now, as for a giant stroller or a frontier, I think it's more money to put out there and then I think you would worry about shipping costs, if the store refused the return and/or if you were forced to resale. That being said, someone on here did get a Britax stroller from NBD without the UPC code. On the other hand, I got two Frontiers with UPCs intact and that was pretty recent too.

I personally wouldn't gamble with the carrier on NBD anymore. They gave me no problem to return it and it was literally days ago so I'm lucky in that I didn't get stuck holding the bag for someone else's misdeeds, but apparently someone else here is having a hard time and hasn't been so lucky.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
I wanted to follow up on the b-safe I got this summer. I was installing it in dh's car and I could not get the base to retract. I called Beitax and they replaced it. The new one has a Dom 2 days after the first one. I popped the old one in the new box and sent it back to britax while the carrier was standing right there. He was laughing at the situation. I was ready with tape in hand.

daisypaige

I just got a black one I bought last week and it was brand spanking new, UPC in-tact. I'm going to recover as much $$ as possible reselling it on eBay.

I got a tan organic with no UPC. It was really recent though. I think the carrier UPC codes are just really easy to remove. It's like a sticker, as opposed to part of the packaging that you would have to cut out. That's my theory.

And I do think someone (unethical, mind you) is more likely to just order a carrier for $70 and attempt to return it without the UPC and take their chances. At worst, the store will refuse the return and they end up with a $70 carrier they didn't want. They can also then try to resell it if doesn't work.

Now, as for a giant stroller or a frontier, I think it's more money to put out there and then I think you would worry about shipping costs, if the store refused the return and/or if you were forced to resale. That being said, someone on here did get a Britax stroller from NBD without the UPC code. On the other hand, I got two Frontiers with UPCs intact and that was pretty recent too.

I personally wouldn't gamble with the carrier on NBD anymore. They gave me no problem to return it and it was literally days ago so I'm lucky in that I didn't get stuck holding the bag for someone else's misdeeds, but apparently someone else here is having a hard time and hasn't been so lucky.

Lilybug1

Don't give up, quite yet. I jsut grabbed the BOB. I caught other stuff 30-45 minutes after it was put up. Think about it that's only 2-3 people who didn't make up their mind.

Christie

Don't give up, quite yet. I jsut grabbed the BOB. I caught other stuff 30-45 minutes after it was put up. Think about it that's only 2-3 people who didn't make up their mind.

If anyone sees it as available, please grab it for me. I need to start/monitor lunch. Computer is in my kitchen so I'll be checking frequently.

DH was like, "Go for it" when I told him the price..... figures!

Lilybug1

I think it's gone becasue when it starts saying "$null" next to "you save:" instead of the posted savings, I find that means it has already been checked out. That's my own little observation though...I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC