Nautalis broken chest clip

dd9736

I don't know how or why, but last night, as I was putting Seth in his carseat to come home from Edmonton, i noticed that his chest clip is broken, the bottom part of the clip thing is broken off, it stays in, but would come out really easy, if he wanted to unclip it.

I brought him home from the city in it, and to daycare this morning, as I've lent my radian to a friend who's dd had outgrown her old seat. should I be getting my radian back, until I can fix this, or is it ok for now?

I can't get ahold of Graco, because they are insanely busy due to the highchair thing. I left a message, and will keep trips to a minimum

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I wouldn't tell him it's broken. :) It's a precrash positioner, so as long as it's where it should be, and the straps are tight and where they should be, the seat will work properly. Just don't tell him, and get a new one as soon as you can. But it's not a don't use the seat problem. Just keep an eye on it.

Wendy

skitle1802

I know some Brick and Morter stores carry Graco chest clips. BRU comes to mind. You made want to call around to anyplace that carries Graco.

Angela

I don't have any suggestions for you, but thanks for mentioning the graco high chair recall. I work at a consignment shop and we just put one out yesterday, so I was able to pull it today. :)

dd9736

I wouldn't tell him it's broken. :) It's a precrash positioner, so as long as it's where it should be, and the straps are tight and where they should be, the seat will work properly. Just don't tell him, and get a new one as soon as you can. But it's not a don't use the seat problem. Just keep an eye on it.

Wendy

this is what I was thinking, which is why I used it home, without freaking out to bad, though I was upset about it, just in case he figured it out, though I had just talked to him about not undoing it, because if he tries he can open it normally so he knows better, and usually doesn't bother it.

I finally got ahold of graco today, and they are sending me a whole new harness, no charge, I just have to wait 7-10 business days, so no long trips until it arrives, but I'm quite happy with them now that I've actually talked to someone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC