My three across

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Wow, I'm very impressed that you used seats for this! I worked at a school fair (safety fair? Not sure ... I wasn't involved in the indoor part) where we did seat checks and had an informational table, and the police and fire departments were giving the kids rides around the parking lot. They pretty much just crammed as many kids in as they could each time. I was so angry, but really wasn't in a position to say anything. :(

Well, last year, I watched what they were doing. Remember that DH and I are the only techs. I looked at the seats that were lent to them by another tech. They would be expired by this year. So when they said that someone would need to call Mr. technoway, I said no, I would bring seats.

I pissed off a young fire fighter. He buckled in the MA, used the lock off. Yes, I did leave out tightening the seat down, because he left if out. He was pissed when I corrected him and all the helpers left.

ADS

NannyMom

Wow, I'm impressed that you used carseats for a fire truck ride! I don't think anyone here does that. Sometimes I think people don;t even know a carseat can be used outside of a car :rolleyes:

WhatAboutPuppy

Well, last year, I watched what they were doing. Remember that DH and I are the only techs. I looked at the seats that were lent to them by another tech. They would be expired by this year. So when they said that someone would need to call Mr. technoway, I said no, I would bring seats.

I pissed off a young fire fighter. He buckled in the MA, used the lock off. Yes, I did leave out tightening the seat down, because he left if out. He was pissed when I corrected him and all the helpers left.

My seat check event on Friday is going to be at the fire station right in front of the cop shop... do you think they'll do rides or anything?? Do you think with Ms. Wonderful there as my instructor they will put seats in the truck??

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Wow, I'm impressed that you used carseats for a fire truck ride! I don't think anyone here does that. Sometimes I think people don;t even know a carseat can be used outside of a car :rolleyes:

The backlash will come on Wednesday. But I did teach safety!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
My seat check event on Friday is going to be at the fire station right in front of the cop shop... do you think they'll do rides or anything?? Do you think with Ms. Wonderful there as my instructor they will put seats in the truck??

I don't think they will do rides, and remember, a cosco booster was good enough for her kids. I doubt she would push for car seats, but that is why you like me, right? I think, "oh yeah, a fire truck is safer, but I can make it safER!"

WhatAboutPuppy

I don't think they will do rides, and remember, a cosco booster was good enough for her kids. I doubt she would push for car seats, but that is why you like me, right? I think, "oh yeah, a fire truck is safer, but I can make it safER!"

Don't lie! I know your next thought was... I want to play!! Safe is not safe enough... I want to play with car seats!!

all together ooky

That is so awesome that you got seats in there for the kids to ride in. At my daughter's 4-year-old kindergarten a month ago they had the local firetruck and ambulance come for "community helpers" week. Apparently they gave ambulance rides to all of them. My daughter wouldn't even tell me until last week that they left the parking lot and drove on the frontage road (as she says "almost all the way to our house"). No seatbelts or anything. (she knew I'd be upset)

mommy-medic

I wish they would let us give firetruck rides here, but they say the liability is just too high (and I don't push the issue). It was funny to me though- I could tell it was a firetruck by the blue straps in the foreground sticking out from under the radian, not the apron/suspenders. :D Looks like a lot of fun.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
It was funny to me though- I could tell it was a firetruck by the blue straps in the foreground sticking out from under the radian, not the apron/suspenders. :D Looks like a lot of fun.

Yep, the SCBA straps. Thought that would give it away too. We do the rides once a year, at our pancake feed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC