Question My Ride forward facing

U

Unregistered

I installed our My ride foward facing today. I have a couple of questions if someone could please answer:

1) Do the back 'feet' when it's in upright mode have to touch the vehicle seat?
I got it as upright as I could, while still getting the feet to touch. I can get it more upright, but then the feet would be in the air. I didn't see this in the manual.

2) It's so reclined that rear facing ball is in the green. Again, I got it as upright as I could. It seems it's just as reclined as when it was in backwards. Is that ok?

ADS

Shanora

You want to have about 80% of the base touching the vehicle seat, so if you've got that, then its fine. As for the Angle, when I installed mine forward-facing in my vehicle I also got the ball in the green.

Here are some pictures I took of a FFing install of the MR

ETA: The seat it normally RFing which is why the top tether isn't attached

GetAttachment.jpg

MR2.jpg

MR3.jpg

MR4.jpg

love-pink

Isnt the level indicator for rear facing? I didnt realize it had to be in the green while using the seat forward facing also :confused:

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It doesn't. But since the green is 30-45*, if it is in green while FFing, that means the seat is 30-45* reclined (instead of fairly upright, as most seats will be FFing.) It's just an indicator of the major FFing recline this seat has, that some of us use to impress the point.

AtTheSouthDam

Per Graco those back feet MUST be touching. They said the recline was fine.

I had the same problem in my van and ended up getting a different seat for FF :(

ETA: These are the photos I sent Graco:

NOT ACCEPTABLE:
MRFFinstall.jpg

Acceptable install:
MRffcorrectinstall.jpg

Per Graco those back feet MUST be touching. They said the recline was fine.

I had the same problem in my van and ended up getting a different seat for FF :(

ETA: These are the photos I sent Graco:

NOT ACCEPTABLE:
MRFFinstall.jpg

Acceptable install:
MRffcorrectinstall.jpg
I had the same issue ffing in my minivan, the feet off the seat and the giant gap if they were on it.. I never used it ffing cause of that

Keeanh

I get a good FF install in my Chevy/GMC vans, so I think it works better on non-sloped bench seats. Also get a decent FF install on the non-sculpted raised centre of the Protege's back seat.

AtTheSouthDam

I get a good FF install in my Chevy/GMC vans, so I think it works better on non-sloped bench seats. Also get a decent FF install on the non-sculpted raised centre of the Protege's back seat.

I had hoped the bump would help in this case. If you can tell, it is installed in the middle of the two seater bench so there is a slight bump there. It would have only worked until 48# in my van.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC