Mitsubishi Delica (imported to Canada)

amelia222

Holy crap. I'm in Comox. If there was a way to convince her to see me, I'd go to her. Yikes.

Yeah, I think I've convinced her that isn't the best idea. She also regularly drives around with unrestrained adults in the back. Back in her day.......you know the story :rolleyes:

ADS

canadiangie

I got a call yesterday from a dad with a Delica. He's wondering if he can install car seats on his 2nd row captains chairs that swivel but lock in place.

Anyway, during my conversation with him he mentioned a Delica forum where there are threads on installing car seats. Well, of course I had to visit said forum...

If you're sitting down, and not diagnosed with a heart condition ;) feel free to hit www.delica.ca and search "infant car seat". :eek: Pay special close attention to screename Delicat as he seems to be the go-to man when it comes to all things car seat and Delica.

T4K

:eek: I just saw one thread. So tell me why he modded the seatbelt permanently to do a LATCH install? Hmmm

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Pixelated

I read one reference to a locking clip being used (as in, you can buy it at CT for $3). And I think I also read that at least the captain's chairs have lap/shoulder belts. But who knows? Please share what you find out!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Reading the thread that Angie posted almost made me fall over! The one person had the top tether attached to a cord with stretch because they figured that would be BETTER in an accident. Right because some person owing a vehicle with no top tether locations knows better than the manufacturer who actually crash tested the seat and the vehicle manufacturers who actually design the tether locations...

Someone later in the thread is telling them that the stretch is not better and telling them about an alternate cord to use...

OMG!!!

agave

I have no idea how they work with car seats but can see the appeal. I have a friend in Texas that wants one badly. It gets good gas mileage, will fill all her kids and judging from the video she sent me they are awesome off road. I can't find another one but the first link she sent me had 4 rows with 8 seats. She has 4 kids and trying to adopt her brother's 2. She did test drive one last year while visiting Canada and loved it, for her it's probably the perfect vehicle. I just hope if she does get one she gets one new enough to have enough headrests and shoulder belts for everyone. I can't imagine that she'd have any car seat installations nearly as creative as some on that message board, but her husband well he has a unique way of doing things.

QuassEE

To be honest, those seats are just going to pull right off the frame. They weren't designed for those forces. Someone might have posted in the modifications forum asking why people make mods when there might be alternative options that are ..safe..

-N.

Pixelated

To be honest, those seats are just going to pull right off the frame. They weren't designed for those forces. Someone might have posted in the modifications forum asking why people make mods when there might be alternative options that are ..safe..

-N.

Someone might have, indeed!

jasminegrl

Imagine seeing those types of vehicles every day :-( I hate living here and seeing all the car-seat misuse-age or lack of car-seat usage period and no one cares, if you report someone nothing happens besides getting your neighbors pissed off at you.

canadiangie

I have to say that aside from obvious holycrapyourseatisinstalledwithrope shock, the sarcasm, and general anti-establishment attitudes on this site make me literally laugh outloud. :D This is a group of really interesting people. If someone could just convince them that cable wire won't hold back their classic Britax Marathon. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC