Question Maxi-Cosi Priori photos and wear question

star3night

We're getting ready for baby #2 so I'm cleaning up our old Priori seats. Since care for the comfort foam isn't listed in the manual I called Dorel and the lady said I could submerse it to gently wash it and line dry. I didn't use soap, but I did want to rinse it out. As I was putting the seats back together I took some photos so people could see what the seat looks like under the cover. My seats were purchased at the same time, but manufactured on 10/22/2007 & 04/24/2008. We just barely missed the recall with the later date.

The 2007 seat still looks nearly new, but the 2008 seat seems to have a lot of wear on the strap you pull to tighten the harness. I called Dorel again to see if I could order a new one (you can't) and after being put on hold the lady told me "if the seat is still performing well it should be fine to continue using."

How much wear on a strap is too much wear? I'm tempted to buy a new seat. Am I being over sensitive? Now that I look at the photos, it doesn't seem that bad... What do you think?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Many seats will get minor "fuzzing" on the adjuster strap after a while. As long as it's fuzzing, not fraying, you're fine. Fuzzing is just a few little snags in the threads, which is what I see there. Fraying means that there are actually broken threads and the webbing is unravelling because of it.

star3night

Thank you!

Thanks for the fuzzing vs fraying knowledge. :)

I love our Priori seats and am glad we will get to use both of them for our second child!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC