In Search Of maternity clothes

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I need some. Some of mine from my last pregnancy were given away, some don't fit any more (my chest got bigger), some got ruined, some went missing in our move, and I'm left with very few that are useable. :(

UPDATE: I think I'm gonna be good on jeans now. I could use comfy pants or nice slacks, skirts nice and other, and tops casual and otherwise especially still. Thanks for the help!

Specifics:

-I generally require a size XL tops and dresses, due to being very large in the chest (38 G or H, depending on several factors...) In a few brands I can take a L. In a few I need an XXL for the same reason. Depends on the cut.
-I don't wear anything sleeveless. (Except camis, for under lower-cut shirts and dresses.)
-I don't wear anything with a low neckline, unless I have a cami to go under it.
-I don't wear anything that doesn't come to below the knee. No shorts, skirts, dresses, etc. unless they are bottom-of-the-knee length or longer.
-I can't wear boat-neck tops and dresses.
-I don't need really really warm winter clothing even though I'm having a baby in winter, because I live in Southern California. I can use jackets and such that are lighter because I do get a bit chilled in the fall and winter sometimes. :)
-I am allergic to wool, goat hair, camel hair, angora... Basically it's better for me to avoid animal fibers altogether. I don't mind synthetics a bit and cotton is wonderful.
-I don't wear ANYTHING dry clean only. Because I don't. ;)
-I hate overalls. ;)
-Pre-pregnancy pant size was 14 or 16, depending on brand. I will probably go up to a maternity 18 or 20 by the end of the pregnancy, but for now maternity 14 and 16 would serve me well.
-I really love all-over stretch fabrics, though I'm pretty open to almost any style that fits my modesty criteria and fits me, and really don't love things that ride very low on the hips (below the pregnant belly.) (Sensory disorder and well, it just bugs me.)

I am in need of:
-pants, casual or nice
-skirts, casual or dressy
-camis
-tops, casual, dressy, or in between
-pajamas/nightgowns (mine will do fine until the end of the second trimester, but at that point I'll be very hard pressed to fit in them)
-dresses, maybe one or two casual, but especially dresses suitable for church/dressier functions
-a few sweaters, jackets, etc.

I've got pale skin, dark blond hair, and grey-hazel eyes, my best colors are pastels, rich browns and earth tones, and navy blue. I'm no longer nursing a baby during the day so nursing access is no longer an issue, thank goodness.

If you've got something that you think I would like/use, I'd love to see/hear about it. Name your price and I'll let you know if I'm interested (the cheaper the better, honestly, but I'm willing to pay more for good-condition quality brand pieces that will last me through several pregnancies.) I'm interested in good condition nicer stuff I can wear to parties and church, as well as casual stuff and for the casual stuff I don't mind if it's a bit stained or faded, as long as there are no huge holes or anything. :) (Small rips that can be easily mended are okay, I'm a good mender. ;) )

I really appreciate any of you mamas who are my size taking a look and seeing if there's something you'd like me to take off your hands! I don't usually spend a lot of money on clothes for me, and usually get maternity stuff at the thrift store, but this season there seem to be slim pickings in my size there. :( I've been wearing the same clothes and washing every 2 days or so because my regular ones are already starting to not fit, so it's time to get moving on really searching out what I need! Thanks for reading and taking a look if you can!

Last edited:
ADS

rachelandtyke

I've got a pair of Duo Maternity capris in XL that still have the tag on them. I bought them when pg with DD since I didn't know what I would need and never wore them. They're stretchy and look comfy to me. I've had them out on CL for $10 with no bites, so if you like them make me an offer - I'm just ready for them to move on, lol!

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051-1.jpg

seamonkeys

I have just a few maternity items left, including a red zip-up sweatshirt, fleece jacket, a couple of t-shirts (XL from Motherhood Maternity). I also have a pair of gray capris that I haven't taken a photo of yet. They are Old Navy size 16 low rise "real waist" style. If you want to see a pic, let me know. ETA: reread your OP and the capris would probably bug you.

Here's the album with them.

Last edited:

AmbersMommy

How tall are you? I have a ton of pants that are not "longs" so they are too short for me. I don't have time this minute to take pics, but if you don't need long inseam pants I can get pics of them for you. They all are fantastic shape. Let me know and I can get pics tonight for you. :)

jewlsvern

I have a few dresses from when I was PG with DD. We lived in So Cal then and DD was a winter baby. I'll dig them out and post pictures if you're interested. I have a dark purple S/S, a black L/S, and a black floral L/S. All in great shape, only worn a few times. They were from Motherhood.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm a size too big or too small? (Probably I'm too big. You look like you are built much less overweight than me. ;) )

Spam

I have a denim skirt from liz lange for target nwt, i tried it on but don't like it. It's xxl, and i'm sure i can find a few other things i care for or wear anymore. I'll do some looking.

scoutingbear

I am a size smaller. Although I think I might have some generously sized long sleeve t's that you are welcome to try. I'll look through my piles and see if I have anything and give you any of the stuff I'm not using when we play with dh's car. I know I had some pants that were given to me that were too big.

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
I know i have some stuff! i will dig it out for you and take pictures, do you like pantalls??? i have two brand new pairs one old navy and gap not sure what else i have

JerseyGirl'sMama

I have some items you might be interested in.

All Motherhood Maternity. All bought new by me, used for only one pregnancy, and we are a smoke-free/pet free home.

EEUC jeans, Secret Belly Fit, Super Stretchy, petite large:

002.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

EUC shirt, XL. Moderately transparent, super light - I wore this over a tank:
005.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

GUC shirt, XL. Light yellow, a little faded:
008.jpg

009.jpg

296.jpg

Let me know if you are interested in anything. :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'd love the jeans and yellow shirt, if the price is right. What do you want for them? (You can PM me if you prefer.) :)

Thanks!

Spam

Here's the skirt. Liz Lange for Target size xxl
Back and front
maternity0002.jpg
maternity0001.jpg

I have two pair of Duo Maternity 1x, they might be too big for you i dunno. Low panel. The dark brown pair have a small bleach splatter on the front of the bottom of the pant leg. These were my sister's and I think I wore them once. Probably close to 18/20.
maternity0010.jpg

Two Old Navy 3/4 sleeves thermal tees. I bought these from seamonkeys but it's too warm to wear them now. They're not as dark as they look in the photo. One is black the other is navy. Size is XL Maternity
maternity0006.jpg

Motherhood maternity 3/4 sleeve top. Size XL ties in the back.
maternity0004.jpg

These two aren't marked maternity but could easily be worn for maternity. The black and white one is dressier and would need a cami underneath it's a 2x. and the black/floral top is a 22, ties in the back it is kind of low cut.
maternity0013.jpg

Make an offer if you're interested in anything. Believe me i'm cheap.;)

celtic1885

Anne,

I'm sure I have some stuff (at work now). Let me know what you need/want after going through previous posts. I can take pictures and either mail or bring with me.

I'm flying in/out of LA next week.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That is so sweet celtic!

It looks like more than anything I'm needing dressier dresses/skirts. Stuff I can wear to church and baby showers this summer but also some for fall/winter.

Spam, let me get back to you... I think I'm interested in 3 of the shirts. Especially if you can fit them in one envelope (might be hard, I know... I'd want the thermals and the red Motherhood top.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC