Marathon or True fit for flying

U

Unregistered

I'm flying with my almost 4 year old on a 10 hour flight. Which seat would you take? The important things are light for me to lift over all the seats, comfortable for her to be in for a long time and easy to install in the seat. She will be forward facing. We've flown before with her rear facing in the Marathon. My husband was with me though to carry it over the seats (too wide to roll down the isle) and I think it was a little difficult to install (but that was rear facing).

Thanks

ADS

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm not sure how well the TF fits on the plane; however, I do know the MA can be tougher to install & uninstall FF (you have to flip the belt or get a seat belt extender or you may not get it off of the plane) & it sits up higher so you can't use the try table and your child's legs will be awfully close to the seat in front. So, if the TF fits on the plane (hopefully someone else w/ experience w/ that will post), I'd probably take it.

U

Unregistered

I'm not sure how well the TF fits on the plane; however, I do know the MA can be tougher to install & uninstall FF (you have to flip the belt or get a seat belt extender or you may not get it off of the plane) & it sits up higher so you can't use the try table and your child's legs will be awfully close to the seat in front. So, if the TF fits on the plane (hopefully someone else w/ experience w/ that will post), I'd probably take it.

Oh, that sounds complicated. I install in in my van with the latch so I'm not sure what you mean. I will have to look at it and try installing it with the seat belt. Where do you get a seat belt extender? I'm flying tomorrow.
Thanks.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You ask the flight attendants for one as you get on board. Then shorten the plane's belt, attach the extender, and make sure the buckle is out the other side of the Marathon.

Does she still fit rear facing?

Wendy

U

Unregistered

No, she's 36 # and too tall. Hoping someone who's flown with a TF will see this.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC