Maestro in damaged box WWYD?

kitkatkc

I just received my Maestro from amazon, and the box was totally dented and torn. The torn part is all taped over, like either the box was a return or UPS did it. I am so bummed, DS was so excited to get her new seat. I haven't opened the box yet, but it sounds like there is NO packaging holding our protecting the seat? I have never gotten a seat in the mail that was not packed in styrofoam. What should I do?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120420_134945.png
    ForumRunner_20120420_134945.png
    397.3 KB · Views: 45
ADS

kirst

I recently got two car seats from amazon which ups delivered. They were badly damaged boxes to. I sent them back and they had no problem with it.
Just send it back for a replacement and you wont have to wonder if you should have.

Baylor

It looks taped. Does it have anything written on it from delivery co? Or does it look like is was shipped that way?

Did you open it and look at seat? What did you pay for it?

kitkatkc

I did not open the box (though DD peeled one of the stickers off!)
I stuck a flashlight through one of the holes, and the seat is not in a plastic bag or anything, either. I don't know how the maestro is usually packaged.

I know that I can return it to Amazon, that isn't the issue, it is more of the timing to get another seat- I was counting on being able to use this seat for an upcoming trip, and I don't know that the turnaround on a new seat will be soon enough.

I paid $69 for it- it is the maestro in adelle.

There is no writing on the box, just the shipping labels. Would UPS write on the box if they had taped it back up?

Arg! This is the second time recently I have had to deal with returning something that was messed up by shipping- I got a bike for DS and shipping (fedex) was so bad that the bike frame was bent and cracked!

urwnl

I've found Amazon customer service to be really good. Go on chat with them and see if they can overnight or 2 day a new one now, while they await the return of this one.

LuBaby16

The same thing just happened to me this week! I am sending mine back because I was worried too. I look at it this way, if I was buying it off a store shelf, I would never choose one that was so damaged. I realize that things get kinda banged up in the mailing process, but ours looked like it was strapped up and dragged to our house from where it was shipped, lol!

Kat_Momof3

evenflo, dorel, and graco don't pack their seats in any bag, foam, or cardboard other than the box.

I would return it as the only time I've seen close to that damage be normal is with the super heavy husky/regent, but I thought you'd like to know not to expect anything in the way of packing materials inside the box.

love-pink

My Graco seats have always come in bags and a few folded nicely placed pieces of cardboard to keep them from moving and shifting in the box.

kitkatkc

Seat is being exchanged. Thanks for letting me know that I'm not crazy! I would blame our UPS people, but FedEx seems just as bad...
DD was sad that we had to return the seat- she is really excited about her new seat! (and I am getting pretty tired of carrying the baby plus the bucket around, and now that she is sitting up, I am more than ready for her to be in the MR!)

T4K

And this may be obvious but you can leave the bucket installed and just take the baby out. :p

Glad you are exchanging. :)

kitkatkc

LOL! I know I can leave the bucket in the car, and now that she can sit up on her own, I will more often, but it is nice when we are out to eat or shopping for her to have someplace to sit! (When I go shopping with her, she goes in the basket of the cart, not the kid seat!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC