Maclaren Strollers? Techno XLR? Anyone with pics of their LO's in them?

ZephyrBlue

Yeah, the Techno XT is much heavier and more cumbersome than the Quest. I bought the XT (twice!) because I really like the suspension (that the Quest does not have) and the nicer canopy. Plus, the XT reclines farther, IIRC. But for an older toddler, hauling it in and out of the trunk, yeah, the Quest is much lighter.

ADS

noahsmom24

Wonder where your first reply went? Bugs me when that happens! Oh yeah, she was straight out of bed. I love her pjs too! I have always gotten her pjs on clearance at the end of the season, boys or girls..I don't care! She doesn't care either and I always think the boy ones look extra cute on her!

Yeah, was thinking she had more room but as soon as I really looked I was thinking there was no way I would by the Blink for a kiddo her size, esp one at an age where they are still growing faster than she is. Sorry it won't work out for you, but I am glad that I was able to save you the trouble of having to send one back.

LOL, Yea I like the Race car Pj's ;) cute!! I wouldn't do the all pink all the time if I ever have a girl. We buy Pj's on clearance to lol Although super cute short sleeve thinner pjs just came out last night at walmart and I jumped on those! My son loves sleeping in short sleeves and thin pants, he gets so hot in those thick footed pj's.
And I am glad that I could see her in it too, I would have hated to get the blink and then find out I can't use it & have to go through sending it back and restart my search. It looks like a nice stroller though regardless, I love the kites. :)

Thanks again!! :)

noahsmom24

Kristen & Zephyrblue -
Isn't the techno only 16lbs? The only reason I say 16lbs is because my Jeep is 26+lbs lol and it doesn't bother me to use, losing 10+lbs would be amazing to me! lol I do however worry about the folding length of the maclarens because my trunk isn't the biggest and neither is the Accord I will be getting this march. I do want a good recline which is why I ruled out the quest period and have focused on the Xt nd Xlr. I am now just trying to find out the seat back length on them both "XLR and XT".
Would either of you be kind enough to measure your XT's for me? And possibly know the XLR's seat back length? I just made a thread about it because I've been looking for it for 2days with NO luck. ugh :mad:

ZephyrBlue

I'd be happy to measure my XT's seat back length later today when I get home, but can't help you w/the XLR, sorry :( I do know that I've read in more than one place (probably on the Stroller Swap yahoo group- those women know more about strollers than most mechanics know about cars, lol!) that the XLR has a considerably shorter seatback, though.

noahsmom24

ZephyrBlue - Thank you!!!!!!! :D:D
I found the group you were talking about and I am searching through the posts lol I'll post if I find the measurements or not. Probably not lol there are a lot of posts to go throught hat involve maclarens alone. Thanks! :)
Looking forward to finally figuring out the XT's seat back height at least!

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Once you're using the Volo or the Triumph, you're pretty spoiled by the weight and how they handle compared to the Techno range. If you're buying with the intension of having another child, the Techno is a great plan.. But if you're done and you're looking for a stroller for your two year old ONLY, I would get a Volo. I know it looks a bit cheap and small, but in reality it will serve your needs and more. The sling seat even works well for sleeping...but if you really need a recline, the Triumph is a good option too. I have owned them all, including Maclarens that no longer exist (Mistral, old style Vogue..) ;)

-Nicole.

noahsmom24

Nicole - My main thing was how tall and wide my son is, He's not Extremely wide but I'd love to get another yr + out of a stroller. Like I've mentioned before I like to walk a lot with my son but just want one stroller to be my trip, walking, shopping etc,.. stroller. I can't afford to get a jogging stroller and a light weight that will fit him. I was just told on another forum that Macs have an 18" seat back, can anyone clarify or does that sound right? My Jeep stroller is 18inches but the canopy Frame is Much lower than I'm expecting the Macs to be. I do want a recline, It doesn't have to be flat obviously, but I would like enough that he can lean back to sleep of course.

:)

& I don't care about cheap and small lol I want Function over all! Something that will last & would love to get beyond another year out of a stroller. I'll definitely be putting the Mac up for the "just in caseof another LO" stroller! :) If it was possible I would drive to a store that carried 1 or 2models so I could get a feel of them and see how they really are, but unfortunately living in a small town we dont have anywhere to really look at nice strollers. Walmarts stroller choice is VERY limited, and our local mall, sears etc,.. are also pretty crappy as well. :(

QuassEE

I don't find height to be an issue.. once they're older, they have upper body support and eventually stop sleeping in the stroller.. I have some chairs that support me up to my mid-back and I have other chairs that support my head. Both are comfortable and do the job of a chair. The only time I've found height to come into play was with the hood--my 6 year old doesn't fit well under the hood anymore, but my 4.5 year old does. The Volo is great because it's so naturally reclined that when they sleep, they're comfortable..when they're awake, they're also comfortable.

However--if this is going to be your replace-my-car type stroller and you aren't able to go with an all terrain (a nice used Mountain Buggy, perhaps?!) .. You'll want the larger wheels on the Quest and up.. But the Techno(s) might well be overkill. The only other issue here is that ALL Maclarens are "flippy"--if you have shopping bags etc on the back of the stroller, and your child decides to stand up.. the stroller, and all your stuff, will fall. Lovely when you have a drink in the hood :(

-Nicole.

MoreLatte

I haven't read the whole thread, so this may have been mentioned, but have you considered a Baby Jogger City Mini? You said you want something to use for walks and such, the Mini is a great do-it-all stroller. It isn't all-terrain, as it doesn't have air tires, but would still work out well for walks. The City Elite is really the way to go for all-terrain (not jogging though).

While I love the Quest, I never choose it for any serious walks. A walk down the street to the park maybe, errands, or the mall is about it. If you are set on a Mac, I'd go with the Techno, since you want it to be your do-it-all stroller. The canopy is larger, the handles are height adjustable, the basket is easier to access, it has larger, more substantial wheels and it is much less tippy:twocents:

QuassEE

I'm not a City Mini fan, but I know a lot of people who are.. And they're under $200 if you use the 15% off coupon at Albee. I just ordered one for a friend.

-N.

MoreLatte

I'm not a City Mini fan, but I know a lot of people who are.. And they're under $200 if you use the 15% off coupon at Albee. I just ordered one for a friend.

-N.

I really wasn't a fan of the mini either, I didn't like the non-adjustable handle or small wheels, but I know lots on here love it so I figured I'd throw it out there, lol. I replaced my mini with a Classic about a year ago and LOVE it!

noahsmom24

Thank you :)
I went ahead and bout the Techno XLR, I've got a 2week return period so that is plenty for me to see if I like it or not.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC