loose seat belts

mommycat

It is not reccomended to keep a child RF till the limits of the seat, but a bare minimum of 2 years old.
Did you mean, not "only" recommended to keep a child RF till the limits of the seat...? I am not sure on the US rec's but TC and Cdn Pediatric Society in Canada definitely recommends for parents to be "encouraged to continue to use a rear-facing seat as long as the height and weight limitations allow" as opposed to a specific age (aside from the "until children weigh at least 10 kg (22 lb), and are at least one year of age and able to walk").
http://www.cps.ca/English/statements/IP/IP08-01.htm

I'm just clarifying that the "limits of convertible" is an accepted recommendation at least by some organizations, because of course ITA that 2yo is really the minimum FF age we should all be aiming for. :thumbsup:

And unless the baby is exceptionally tall, the MR should easily allow this. We love our MR. :love:

ADS

twiztidangel

Did you mean, not "only" recommended to keep a child RF till the limits of the seat...? I am not sure on the US rec's but TC and Cdn Pediatric Society in Canada definitely recommends for parents to be "encouraged to continue to use a rear-facing seat as long as the height and weight limitations allow" as opposed to a specific age (aside from the "until children weigh at least 10 kg (22 lb), and are at least one year of age and able to walk").
http://www.cps.ca/English/statements/IP/IP08-01.htm

I'm just clarifying that the "limits of convertible" is an accepted recommendation at least by some organizations, because of course ITA that 2yo is really the minimum FF age we should all be aiming for. :thumbsup:

And unless the baby is exceptionally tall, the MR should easily allow this. We love our MR. :love:

yeah, see the 'standards' have changed since '95-2000...savannah was 16 months old in that pic of her FF, i had JUST turned her around the day before that pic...but when my kids were little it was the norm once a baby reached 20lbs it meant automatic FF...my son weighed 22lbs at 5 months, i couldnt see puttin a 5 month old FF!!! and he had a big ole bean head! lmao...i found a seat for him that was the prime of it's day, it wasnt the most expensive but it had better safety features than most and it had a higher weight limit for RF...heres a few pics of him in his ride back in '95! woot! lol

15308_1365673575101_1029499298_1099976_6832092_n.jpg
note the strap height in toddler position in the top left and bottom pix...that was only for one day because my friend's car wouldnt accomodate his seat well for RF...the right pic's strap position was the norm for when it was in my mom's car (I didnt have a car then) ...he was turned to FF permanently at 14 months because he had reached the weight limit for RF in that seat...just wanted to point those things out so a new mommy wouldnt see his strap positions and think it was ok for them to be RF with straps in toddler mode!

mommycat

Aww, you have some cute kids! (How are they as teenagers?! :eek: ) Yes, the seats have certainly changed. But, people learn and things get adapted as the new info comes in. We are able to use the different harness positions a lot more freely now - you still see constraints on certain straps for just RF or FF in some seats but there is usually a good range and some overlap even then. So you don't ever need to have the child with the straps above their ears anymore. :thumbsup: Way to go recognizing the potential issues with FF a small, bigheaded baby that early even though the norm was to do so. :)

twiztidangel

Aww, you have some cute kids! (How are they as teenagers?! :eek: ) Yes, the seats have certainly changed. But, people learn and things get adapted as the new info comes in. We are able to use the different harness positions a lot more freely now - you still see constraints on certain straps for just RF or FF in some seats but there is usually a good range and some overlap even then. So you don't ever need to have the child with the straps above their ears anymore. :thumbsup: Way to go recognizing the potential issues with FF a small, bigheaded baby that early even though the norm was to do so. :)

ugh! DONT get me started on teenagers!!! ack! quit while your ahead...better yet get in a bunker till your kids reach adulthood lmao! thanx for sayin my kids are cute! i will post a couple of 'now' pix on your comment page if youd like...i dont wanna get off topic on the boards...i am SO frikkin jealous of these new seat out now...makes me want another baby (no, not really, lol)

mommycat

Hah. I was looking at a stroller at a baby store recently and the Cowmoo Chaperone as well and trying to convince myself that new gear is NOT a good reason to want another baby! LOL

My 2.5yo yesterday leaned in to me with his face all scrunched up, said "I. don't. wike. that!" and spat in my face!!!!!!! :eek: God knows what I will be up against when they are teens! (His story sure changed quick enough when I stuck him in time out! "I sowwy, mommy, I don't spit anymowe.")

Oh, and it's totally ok to take your own thread off topic! :p

twiztidangel

ok cool!...yeah, see baby stuff now and i'm like damn...but then again my own mom said the same thing when i was shopping for my kids! hehehe

ok pix...

Jeremy at age 14 (hes 15 now) he wont let me take pix so this is the best i have...if you can even call this 'best' lol

4209_1148098335856_1029499298_452731_905042_n.jpg

Tiffany age 13

4209_1148096135801_1029499298_452724_7304966_n.jpg

Savannah age 9

15308_1369348306967_1029499298_1109784_2929388_n.jpg

twiztidangel

oh, you just dont know...Jeremy's pic is not his normal self...he's a jokester and loves laughing, he was tryin to be 'hard' in that pic...it was for a girl lmao

Tiff took that pic of herself too...she was goin for the 'me so sad' look...shes a joker and fun spirited too

and well Savannah's is just right on...she's always bubbly! :)

Qarin

It is not reccomended to keep a child RF till the limits of the seat, but a bare minimum of 2 years old.

Did you mean, not "only" recommended to keep a child RF till the limits of the seat...?

I believe the typo there was that "not" was meant to be "now".

It's one of my most-feared typos- changes the meaning of whatever you meant to say significantly!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC