Looking for Combi or Chicco

Barbara Baines

CPST Instructor
Hey there - need some help - anyone have any idea where I can pick up the Chicco Key Fit or the Combi Centre in either Ottawa or Toronto?

Thanks for your help!

ADS

featherhead

I'm pretty sure we don't have the Chicco Keyfit in Canada yet. Though I thought I had heard that it is coming. The Combi Centre was recalled a while back, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The recall kits for the Combi only became available in the last 4 to 6wks, so I don't expect retailers to have them back on the shelves yet if they even do carry them again. Prior to the recall they were mostly carried in boutiques & Sears also had a travel system with one. TRU/BRU had carried it at some point prior to the recall as well, but they've been gone from the shelves for a long time there.

As for the Keyfit, information from Chicco indicates that the seats should be on store shelves this fall. I haven't contacted the person whose name & address I have to find out which stores will be carrying it or getting any firmer information than that, and considering that the information is back from April, there may have been some slight changes in time line since then.

As of right now though, the Keyfit is not available for sale in Canada yet to the best of my knowledge.

snowbird25ca

Thanks all - I ordered them directly from the importer (they have stock for both the Chicco and the Combi). I apprecaite your assistance!

Would you be able to satisfy my curiosity as to how the importer is able to provide the seats in advance of them being sold to the public?

I'm guessing they're being provided as demo seats or are they currently being shipped to stores anyways?

Barbara Baines

CPST Instructor
Actually, they are both available in Canada and bear the National Safety Mark - just no stores around where I am have them and I need them for testing - I guess I just outed myself....... I'm with TC.

hipmaman

Actually, they are both available in Canada and bear the National Safety Mark - just no stores around where I am have them and I need them for testing -

If you can ask the manufacture where in the GTA would have them, I would love to take a look at them too.

I guess I just outed myself....... I'm with TC.

Ahem, be prepared for questions (and vents) :) Belated but welcome btw, it's great to have you on board.

snowbird25ca

Actually, they are both available in Canada and bear the National Safety Mark - just no stores around where I am have them and I need them for testing - I guess I just outed myself....... I'm with TC.

Belated welcome from me as well. I had hypothesized that that was the reason, but didn't want to assume anything. ;)

snowbird25ca

If you can ask the manufacture where in the GTA would have them, I would love to take a look at them too.

Tam, I emailed Julie earlier today asking for stores carrying them, current ETA, and price point. I'll be sure to post once I get more specific info. :)

Barbara Baines

CPST Instructor
Yeah, well, what can I say.... a couple of people already knew. I'll find out where they will be in Toronto - my contact is actually on holidays right now. I know they are in the stores in Montreal, so it shouldn't be long. I do have a Chicco that was sent to me to play with last month - interesting seat - it they aren't too expensive I can see them selling well. I'll keep you guys posted.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC