Latching in GN as a booster?

2BunniesMommy

Update in #12

I thought it was retroactively allowed for all of the GNs but my friend that has one from 2007 and was told that it is not allowed when she just called Graco.

Last edited:
ADS

Baylor

I thought it was retroactively allowed for all of the GNs but my friend that has one from 2007 and was told that it is not allowed when she just called Graco.

What is her Dom? That's funny I have a 2008 and was told I could by graco in email.

auto correct hates me

Baylor

I would call again. I know I was not the only one who was told it was okay. You could email them and then ask for a higher up for clarification.

2BunniesMommy

It is frustrating because I was pretty sure I had read on here that they decided it was ok for all of them and told her that because she is going to start using hers as a booster now and she didn't trust that and called them to make sure. Now she is calling me basically just to tell me I was wrong. I am thinking it was just a matter of the person she talked to going strictly by the manual and not the fact that they decided it was ok later. She is planning to call them again to see if it is ok to use the tether.

If it were my seat, I would be completely comfortable latching it in while boostered.

Baylor

I would call yourself. Ask for clarification and maybe ask for a manager. That way you will get a clear answer. Sometimes the CSR just does not know.

2BunniesMommy

She was now told that it is ok to use the tether only.

If I did call, it would just confirm that what I thought I heard on here is correct but she would still not believe me.

Baylor

No she can use both. She needs to talk to someone higher up. She is just getting what the CSR think is right. you could email them and then share it with her.

2BunniesMommy

She said this lady knows because she has been there for years. I also told her that the csrs have to say what is in the manual and that her manual doesn't allow it but they did start allowing it later and was allowed retroactively.

I think I will email.

Baylor

That is how I get the best information. Usually because They will check before getting back to you. I had the same issue with Recaro about the probooster. So I emailed them. She checked with the engineer and came back and said it needed headrest behind it.
Completely contrary to their manual.

It can be maddening..

2BunniesMommy

Email sent!

I also sent a second email asking if they have any plans to make a booster that combines the Affix and the Safety Surround. I would be all over that!

2BunniesMommy

Here is Graco's email to me.

Thank you for contacting Graco regarding the use of your car seat. Graco now allows the use of the LATCH attachment for the Nautilus Car Seat in Belt Positioning mode. The use of the LATCH belt when in booster mode allows the consumer to secure the booster seat to the vehicle seat based on the following criteria:
• The LATCH does not interfere with other vehicle belt connectors.
• The vehicle belt and LATCH anchorages align side-to-side.
This change in policy is retroactive for all Nautilus child seats.

Brianna

Does your friend have the name of the people she spoke with? If she does, I would reply and ask they they provide this information to the CS reps...

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Maybe your friend is misinterpreting that to mean the top tether? Graco's wording choice is a bit off. Who says, "the LATCH attachment"? LOL and then in the next sentence changes it to LATCH belt. After reading it a few times, I can see someone being confused. Theoretically their reply should refer to both the lower anchors and top tether, yet it sounds like they are only speaking of one thing.

Last edited:

2BunniesMommy

She was good with the email. It was when she was talking to someone at Graco that she was told that it is not allowed except on the newer models. Then she called back and it was OK for tether, so she was sure which she was asking for. She did just decide to keep her daughter harnessed for now anyway though. She is just about to turn 7 and is on the very top slot, so it won't be much longer, so I will save the email in case she doubts it again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC