Just letting everyone know....

lovinwaves

Just let you all you know I had inputted an entry for the Carseat Compatibility Database a long time ago. www.carseat.org But I have yet to see the input on their website.
So I sent them an email and this is what I got in response:

Melissa,
Thank you for your question.
We are currently working on revamping the whole site and making the data submittal process easier as well as automated. Because of this we are behind entering data into the database. With the increased popularity of the website the number of entries is increasing, as well as the burden of upkeep. Because of this reason, Toby has given us the website. We are working with her to improve it and further develop her view.
Best,

Tomás Gutierrez

Niche Retail, LLC
3225 Lyndale Ave. South
Minneapolis, MN 55408

612.827.0581 x. 118

I think it's great that so many people are inputting data that she had to get a company to help her out. He also told me that they are doing this as a Community Service Project, so evidently she is not having to pay for it!!! Just thought I would let you know in case some of you have inputted but not seen the results.

ADS

Dsunny1

CPST Instructor
Thanks for the update, I was just noticing last night that there are no measuments for the Cosco Cubb or Sunshine Kids Radian yet on her site. I am glad it will be updated and she won't have to pay for it.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I think it's great that so many people are inputting data that she had to get a company to help her out. He also told me that they are doing this as a Community Service Project, so evidently she is not having to pay for it!!! Just thought I would let you know in case some of you have inputted but not seen the results.

NicheRetail, the commercial entity that runs elitecarseats.com and other websites, now both owns and operates carseatdata . The original owner, Toby, said she gave it to them in hopes that they would be able to better maintain the database. She may still be helping them as an advisor in some capacity.

Update: The owner filed bankruptcy and apparently lost the database:(

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Thanks for the info. I had noticed the look of the carseatdata.org site and compatibility database interface had changed some recently when I was looking up seats, but didn't know the details.

lovinwaves

Just bumping....I went to the site to see if my entries were in there, and noticed the site has changed quite a bit already. Although my entries weren't in there yet, I just thought I would let everyone know changes are happening......:)

lovinwaves

Ok, I'm a dork!!!:rolleyes: Thank you.... Where's the Edit when you need it.

Could a webmaster or moderator please fix that link for me in the original post so future lurker's don't get confused.

Thanks,

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC