Issue with ds and car seat

koriandjon

Ok so i wanted to get my son a nauti since i have to replace his my65 and while at bru i put him in it and wasn't really in love with the fit and the cup holder is on the right side while he is left handed. Just measured him and he is 39 in and has 14.5 in torso. Unfortunately i tried a Britax frontier 85 and loved him in it but with a 300 dollar price tag i just can't swing it. I am wondering if the right side cup holder is really an issue with left handed children to where i need to find something else and what else there is that is right around the same price as a nauti with the options of growing with the child. Don't want anything like a maestro cause i hate the way it works as a booster so really wanting to stick with something along the lines of the nauti or frontier. Also put my dd in a parkway sg and didn't like that fit either. Was looking at the Monterey but have none in store so wondering if that is a better seat.

ADS

maddysmomma

BRU has the trade in...get 25% off new seat bringing price down. Or Amazon has them for $220ish depending on color. Not going to lie, we have FR85 & love it. Goodluck.

koriandjon

Yeah the minute i put him in it i loved it lol...dumb me...insurance is giving me about 460 to replace my car seats but wanting to get my girls a purple and pink diono Monterey. If i can swing it i will do a frontier 85 but would love other options if the right side cup holder is going to be an issue.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd look for an Evenflo SecureKid. It is like a Maestro, but actually makes a decent booster, and it has dual cupholders, all for a Nautilus pricetag (actually, less). Top slots are about the same, just a hair shorter than the Nautilus, but either seat will get him another 3.5 years harnessed or so.

Actually, how old is he? If he's under three I'd rear face him. If he's older, forward facing is fine.

Wendy

MommyShannon

I don't think the cup holder would be a big issue. My 23 month old and older kids hold cups in either hand all the time. Like pp mentioned though the FR is available for around 220 and we really like it. We like our nautis too but don't love their head slump while sleeping.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC