Introduction & Car Seat Story

capeKO71

Welcome Dave! I really haven't been over at Strollerswap since I no longer have any strollers (boo hoo) but I do remember you - we had some conversations back and forth about Emmaljunga's and some other prams. ;)

ADS

lovinwaves

Dave, check out our stroller and gear forum. We often have questions in there that go unanswered, and we end up directing them to Strollerswap. So hopefully, you can help out there :)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Waaaiiit, do they have vintage strollers on stroller swap? DH is wanting an old pram. The one I have isn't good enough for him.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Yup:D And if a poster isn't selling it, they will provide links to craigslist or ebay to find it. What do you have? And what is dh looking for? My mom found an emmaljunga viking plus for 50 bucks at a consignment shop.

Oh, and Dave, I would be the Jennifer with the 7 kids:) But my username is lizzie5kiddies.

BabyGearCollector

Welcome:)

And well, now I googled stroller swap too:whistle:

Thank you and...uh oh about the google. What have I started?

Welcome Dave! I really haven't been over at Strollerswap since I no longer have any strollers (boo hoo) but I do remember you - we had some conversations back and forth about Emmaljunga's and some other prams. ;)

Kate!!! Long time, no talk! I sure do remember you and our pram conversations. You'll have to drop in for a visit sometime and let everyone know how you're doing these days.

Dave, check out our stroller and gear forum. We often have questions in there that go unanswered, and we end up directing them to Strollerswap. So hopefully, you can help out there :)

I'll sure do that! Haven't had too much time to explore all the forums here as yet. Sounds like an interesting forum...

Okay, I'm going to stroller swap.

Another "Uh Oh" LOL

Yup:D And if a poster isn't selling it, they will provide links to craigslist or ebay to find it. What do you have? And what is dh looking for? My mom found an emmaljunga viking plus for 50 bucks at a consignment shop.

Oh, and Dave, I would be the Jennifer with the 7 kids:) But my username is lizzie5kiddies.

Yes indeed, judi! They've got strollers old and new on Swap. Most of mine are pre-2000, with one dating to the late 20th century teens, and the rest between late '60s and late '90s

OK, now I know which Jennifer you are!:)

Going back to my introductory story, I realize now there was one mistake we made back then. I've come to the understanding more recently that a car seat should be replaced after going through an accident like the one my wife and daughter experienced. Is that true? If so, we didn't realize it at the time and she continued using the same seat until old enough for a booster. Glad the seat's integrity was never put to the test by yet a second accident!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Going back to my introductory story, I realize now there was one mistake we made back then. I've come to the understanding more recently that a car seat should be replaced after going through an accident like the one my wife and daughter experienced. Is that true? If so, we didn't realize it at the time and she continued using the same seat until old enough for a booster. Glad the seat's integrity was never put to the test by yet a second accident!

Yup, a fairly severe crash may weaken the seat in some way. Though it may not have been a concern back then, so it's not like you weren't doing the right thing by still using it. Some manufacturers insist any seat in any kind of crash must be replaced, and NHTSA has looser rules because they know that people won't run out to replace a seat after a fender bender and they don't want people putting kids in the car with no seat at all. Plus, they do lots and lots of crash tests on seats and in the laboratory, they simply keep on working for dozens and hundreds of crash tests :). Here's a little blurb on the reasoning and study done... http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/childps/ChildRestraints/ReUse/RestraintReUse.htm

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC