News Infantino Recalls to Replace SlingRider Baby Slings; Three Infant Deaths Reported

ADS

Wiggles

FINALLY!

Though, I really wish that CPSC would stop claiming that ALL slings are bad, like they have in their linked press release within that press release. Yes, standards are needed--to prevent BAG slings. Not all slings need a warning saying 'this is dangerous!'

zactayaus

Yikes! I have one that is on the recall list. We haven't used it since DS3 was an infant. I guess I'll be turning mine in for the wrap & tie carrier they are offering as replacement.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yayyyyyyyy!!!!! I'm so glad they finally recalled those dang blasted things!!!! This has been in the works for YEARS, I'm not sure I could ever trust Infantino (as a whole) after knowing that they knew how dangerous these things were and resfused to recall them. I'm so very glad they've recalled them!!

ITA with Wiggles though; it's frustrating that they indicate all slings are dangerous when they're NOT. It's only poorly designed slings that obstruct babies' airways and cause them to rebreathe... a GOOD sling promotes proper positioning and is a safe and valuable tool! (I say this as someone who probably would not have made it through the infancy of my youngest charge without a sling, and myriad of other carriers.) I had a bag sling for J, who's now 3, that I'd gotten at a resale shop. I never really liked it, so we didn't use it much, but I made sure it went directly into the trash compactor (and got crushed) once I found out about this!

lovinwaves

Bumping this up. My sister received one of these as a gift, and I offered to do the recall replacement paperwork for her. Unfortunately I don't see the "Wrap and Tie" (similar to a Mai Tai) offered as a replacement anymore. Does anyone have any info on this?

LittlePeanut

Bumping this up. My sister received one of these as a gift, and I offered to do the recall replacement paperwork for her. Unfortunately I don't see the "Wrap and Tie" (similar to a Mai Tai) offered as a replacement anymore. Does anyone have any info on this?

This is a Canadian advisory but it mentions the W&T I'm just not sure how you would go about getting one.

Infantino Recall

lovinwaves

Thanks Littlepeant, the CPSC website does say that for the US as well, but when you go to Infantinos website it doesn't list the wrap and tie as an option. :( I will call the company on Monday as well.

Last edited:

tweetykl

One of the deaths was a baby from a mom that I was in mommy group with. We were in mommy group with her adopted son about a year after she lost her sweet girl. It is so heart breaking about the babies that were lost.

NatesMamma

One of the deaths was a baby from a mom that I was in mommy group with. We were in mommy group with her adopted son about a year after she lost her sweet girl. It is so heart breaking about the babies that were lost.

How terrible!

I avoid buying any Infantino products because of how poorly they handled all this. There have been reports for years about how dangerous these bag-type slings are. And yet, Infantino did practically nothing, even after babies started dying in these things. And I, too, hate how this fiasco has made some start questioning the safety of all slings or of babywearing in general. Babywearing in a well designed carrier is safe. Certain crappy products are the danger. :thumbsdown:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

The one in Oregon?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC