I'm a tech. I should know this but...

canadiangie

I've done a ff Radian middle and ff MR outboard. Other side was a rf Radian. The side of the MR sits in front of the bolster, which, as you can imagine, is pretty awesome.

That probably doesn't help, but there you go...

ADS

glockchick

I've done a ff Radian middle and ff MR outboard. Other side was a rf Radian. The side of the MR sits in front of the bolster, which, as you can imagine, is pretty awesome.

That probably doesn't help, but there you go...

Actually it might. I could put the boy outboard in the MR and I bet Abigail would fit in the middle behind the wings. Then I could put Kaleigh outboard in a HB. I'll try Abi in the middle today to see if she has enough head support to use a backless in the middle.

glockchick

Yeah, I think she will but I want to try it before I spend money on a seat. At least the MR I can get from WM so I can take it back if it doesn't work.

Kat_Momof3

oh, if I HAD to put someone up front, it would be a ff harnessed kid, not the 8yr old in backless.

But I hope you can figure out a different solution.

momtoo3

You could also try a Cosco Hi-Rise/Ambassador. It fits in both dh's Malibu that has big side bolsters and in my van in a tight 3 across. I was really surprised last week when they worked for both. I bought them because they were buy 1 get 1 free at kmart and wanted a booster for ds2 in BIL's car since he has been riding with him about every other weekend and switching his hbb's is a pain. The back of the booster is really narrow and the armrests don't flare out like the literider.

glockchick

Got a MR. Looked like it gave tons of room. Not enough for either HBB I own on the side. It's going back. I can try an Ambassador, but it would have to go outboard. Abi is just about 1/2" too tall to have head support in the middle.

I hate how reclined the MR is FFing and how high up it sits. The little ball in is the green when it's installed as upright as I can make it FFing. CJ had trouble crawling into it behind the passenger seat. I'll stick with my FR that I love. If I had unlimited funds, I'd get an RXT but I doubt that would fix it either. :p

Or I suppose I could try the MR center and boosters on the sides if they'd slide under it. Why didn't I think of that before I put the thing back in the box and taped it up? Is it worth trying that or should I just give up? He's right at the 2nd to top slot so he has some to grow but not a ton.

momtoo3

We have the MR center in dh's Malibu with a Hi Rise/Ambassador next to it on one side and a Monterey on the other side. On the Monterey side I have also got a PWSG, Vivo,Turbo and Big Kid (both hbb and nbb) to fit. A GN also fit before ds2 was in a booster full time but it was tight. I don't know how different the Civic is from the Malibu but the backseat of the Malibu is tiny.

bnsnyde

Maybe it's in one of the threads but in our 2005 Civic, I can fit two kids.
We're going to get a different car for that reason (and no side air-bags) in 2015 or so. All I want is 3 across.

The van is fine but it's a lot of gas if you only need to take 2 or 3 kids.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It's a much larger car, but when I was trying stuff out in my parents' Impala I was able to get a Monterey outboard next to a FF MR in the center. Their Impala has significant side bolsters and the Monterey fit well with them and then the side just kinda popped behind the MR sides. I don't know how different the PWSG is in shape but I would say it's definitely worth a try.

momtoo3

Every booster I have tried has fit behind the sides of the MR. We have done Monterey, Vivo, PWSG, Big Kid and Turbo. The Monterey is the easiest to buckle, then the Vivo, then the PWSG, then the Big Kid.

farrbabies

bnsnyde said:
Maybe it's in one of the threads but in our 2005 Civic, I can fit two kids.
We're going to get a different car for that reason (and no side air-bags) in 2015 or so. All I want is 3 across.

The van is fine but it's a lot of gas if you only need to take 2 or 3 kids.

I can fit 3 across in my 2005 civic. Two FF and one rfing or two rfing and one ffing. Even one option fits with a booster. Evenflo highback or literider.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC