If I love the Regent, will I be ok w/ a Nauti?

Wife&MomX3

We'll be needing a new seat for our 3.5 yo DD1 soon. When the Regents were on sale a bunch of places online, I figured we'd just get another one of those, since we've had one for our newly 5yo for a while, and I really like it. (no complaints, even the size doesnt really bother me). He is very tall for his age, and I know the 20" top slots R the only thing that will keep him harnessed for a long time. (I put him in a friend's Radian last week and he only had about an inch of torso growth left b4 he'd be out of it:eek:) But, DD1 isnt as tall for age as DS, or as long in the torso. Im thinking that a seat w/ lower top slots might still keep her harnessed as long as Id like. And now that the Regent is sold out on hipmokey cuz DH wouldnt just make a decision w/ me :mad:, I cant get the great deal on it that Id expected. So Im considering the Nautilus due to cost, but I know Ive heard negatives about it. If Uve used both the Regent and the Nauti, wut are yer thoughts? There isnt any other seat that harnesses to 65lbs(or more) w/ top slots over 17" that costs under $200, right?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
How heavy is DD1? For $75 you can get an Evenflo Maestro with a 50 pound harness limit and 18" top slots.

Otherwise the Nautilus is the best bet. Or a True Fit. Or a Radian 65. But of those the Nautilus has the highest top slots, and it converts to a booster better.

I haven't had a Regent, but I've had other Britaxes over the years, and I've installed a million Regents. The Nautilus installs easier, on average, and it's nice and easy to use. Kids love the cupholders. And it's FAA approved.

Wendy

Wife&MomX3

How heavy is DD1? For $75 you can get an Evenflo Maestro with a 50 pound harness limit and 18" top slots.

Otherwise the Nautilus is the best bet. Or a True Fit. Or a Radian 65. But of those the Nautilus has the highest top slots, and it converts to a booster better.

I haven't had a Regent, but I've had other Britaxes over the years, and I've installed a million Regents. The Nautilus installs easier, on average, and it's nice and easy to use. Kids love the cupholders. And it's FAA approved.

Wendy
Thanx Wendy. All their stats R in my siggy, she is 36lbs w/ clothes on usually. I dont want a seat w/ only a 50lbs wt limit, especially since she isnt as skinny as her big brother (who will probably only be around 50lbs or so when he outgrows the Regent by height, lol). And as much as Id love a Radian (since I could even turn her back RF!), they're just too expensive.
It's interesting that U say the Nautilus installs easier, cuz the Regent has always been an easy install in both our vehicles. Makes the Nauti sound like a breeze to install, then!

armywife12

She is 3.5, 36lbs and still fits in a RA and scenera? The regent would have probably been overkill for her anyways because her torso isn't unusually long or anything. She also isn't that heavy so the 50lb limit of the maestro will probably be just enough to get her to safe boostering age. My 2.5 yr old had the maestro in my MILs car until it was in a wreck. Caleb is 37lbs and has a torso of at least 15 inches. The maestro was an incredible fit and offered a lot of growing room.
The maestro has been replaced by the nautilus mainly because the nautilus is free for us and the store was a lot closer than the store that carried the maestro. Caleb has about the same harness growth in both seats but more shoulder room in the maestro, along with more crotch room. He didn't have head slump in the maestro but has bad head slump in the nautilus. Both are super easy to install and use.

rosey2007

I own both the Regent and the Nauti and I like the Nauti the best. The Nauti does not take nearly the room that the Regent does and it is so much easier to install. I also like the fact that the Nauti seems to give more head protection then the Regent(in my opinion).

Wife&MomX3

She is 3.5, 36lbs and still fits in a RA and scenera?
She is about to outgrow the RA, hence being in the market 4 the new seat ;) She was actually in a MA til last week, but her little sis was close to outgrowing the RA for RF, so I put dd2 in the MA RF, and put dd1 back in the RA temporarily til we decide which HWH seat to get her. (she hasnt quite outgrown it FF yet).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC