I think I want a My Ride.

Jazlynn's Mommy

I'm new to this site, signed up today. What is the "MA"?

Anyway, i had the MyRide and wasn't all that impressed. I loved that i could extended RF up to 40 lbs, and the high harness slots for FF, but those were the only things i loved. I ended up returning it and buying a Britax Marathon, which i love.

I have to use the vehicle seat belt, and getting this seat installed was not pretty! I finally needed to use a pool noodle to get it at the right angle RF. I don't like that it doesn't have belt locks offs like my Marathon has. It does have more leg room than my Marathon does, so i guess that was a plus when i had it. The harness straps are really hard to tighten and never seemed tight enough. The crotch strap on the MR is really high too, i like how the Marathon is a snug fit. I used it forward facing once with my 6 year old neice and it has an awful recline. It's too much in my opinion, and my seats sit pretty upright, i can't imagine how much it reclines in someones car who has more of a recline to their vehicle seats. Overall i just love my Marathon, and i have no complaints. I couldn't imagine being happy with the MR for years to come.

ADS

purplemama

I'm new to this site, signed up today. What is the "MA"?

Anyway, i had the MyRide and wasn't all that impressed. I loved that i could extended RF up to 40 lbs, and the high harness slots for FF, but those were the only things i loved. I ended up returning it and buying a Britax Marathon, which i love.

I have to use the vehicle seat belt, and getting this seat installed was not pretty! I finally needed to use a pool noodle to get it at the right angle RF. I don't like that it doesn't have belt locks offs like my Marathon has. It does have more leg room than my Marathon does, so i guess that was a plus when i had it. The harness straps are really hard to tighten and never seemed tight enough. The crotch strap on the MR is really high too, i like how the Marathon is a snug fit. I used it forward facing once with my 6 year old neice and it has an awful recline. It's too much in my opinion, and my seats sit pretty upright, i can't imagine how much it reclines in someones car who has more of a recline to their vehicle seats. Overall i just love my Marathon, and i have no complaints. I couldn't imagine being happy with the MR for years to come.

The MA is the Marathon. I love my Marathon too!!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I completely understand..I WANTED tolove the radian..I really did......but no. I also don't like the myride much, but we love our new complete air. The radian is a great seat, but not the best seat for every person!

purplemama

That's sucks. I thought it may work FF if the seat bench was reclined back all the way. Now I really have to play around with it. I've just groped it in a store but haven't had a chance to get to properly get to know it.

I just have to find a place that will let me play with it and not make me buy it first, like Walmart does. ugh.

Your rear seat bench RECLINES?!?!?!? Really? Mine doesn't :(.

love-pink

lol i have a envoy which is about the same as a trailblazer and for 2 years never knew that the bench seat could be reclined!! mine folds so you can get to the 3rd row but i never even thought to pull the lever the other way to recline the seat!! :doh: thats when i feel in love with my car for the second time ;)

PurpleCat

Ah. I was wondering why you said the seat back is too upright. :p Maybe it'll fit in my version. I still haven't gotten a chance to play around for myself. It would be great if there was a tech from here in my town. I think the closest person is at least 100km away.

3acorns4Christy

I LOVE my MR. Love it, we have the brown and pink dots for DS. He loves this seat, he loves that it leans back when FF, two cup holders. Fits him great and when need be he can RF. He's four now so it's only when we're on longer drives and he needs a nap or like last weekend when he was very sick (which started suddenly while we were several hours from home).

I have two MA's, I hate them now. One was broke during a recent move so one down and one to go. My teeny DD doesn't fit well at all and DS is too squished in the buckle to be comfortable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC