I just bought a TrueFit for $99.99 shipped!!

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I saw pic's of it taken at lifesavers that managed the top harness height at 18"? The thread is in CMC, I'll have to go look for it. :)

(It's also what Compass stated for the slot height. :shrug-shoulders: )

I did not have a tape with me. I actually got the harness ehight from Amazon.

New grandma

Hi. I just went in my garage and measured. With the infant padding out and the seat compressed a little I got 18 inches to the bottom of the top slot on the true fit. I am not a tech but I think it is close. However the site is down for maintenance right now-I wanted to buy another for my daughter when they are done with the infant seat. Hope the code still works!

4boysmom

It sounds like they weren't able to start the maintence over the weekend of people were ordering during the weekend they were supposed to be down; so perhaps they are going to be down all day today and perhaps tommorrow. Seriously I hope I do not forget about the sale by then!! I am reluctant to cancel my order from Target until I know I have this one since I need the seat fairly soon.

o_mom

Is the 530 shorter than the 510 as well?

I get so confused by Compass and their B5** line. You'd think the higher model number would be newer/better.

I had a long discussion with some folks over this:

500/505 - shorter, no deep wings/SIP

510 - taller, deep wings/SIP, premier comes with bag

530 - taller than 505, but no taller than 510 (not sure on the exact height), no deep wings/SIP - basically a taller 505

TerisBoys

I had a long discussion with some folks over this:

500/505 - shorter, no deep wings/SIP

510 - taller, deep wings/SIP, premier comes with bag

530 - taller than 505, but no taller than 510 (not sure on the exact height), no deep wings/SIP - basically a taller 505

SO the 530 would still be "ok" as an occassional use/backup seat for a kid with a fairly tall torso (my William) but not as good as the 510 - right?

He won't go for giraffe or daisy LOL. I want camo darn it!

o_mom

I would say if you can't get the 510, the 530 would be the next best choice.

Walmart has the Camo for $80 with free shipping to store. Not as good as the 50% off, but better than most other places.

celtic1885

Hi. I just went in my garage and measured. With the infant padding out and the seat compressed a little I got 18 inches to the bottom of the top slot on the true fit. I am not a tech but I think it is close. However the site is down for maintenance right now-I wanted to buy another for my daughter when they are done with the infant seat. Hope the code still works!

THANK YOU! Still trying to decide - my dd1 is currently 15" in the torso......makes me nervous the differences in the reported harness heights.
Think I'll wait, save up some more and get her a regent. She is only 27 mo.

But thank you again for measuring - hopefully it helped someone else as well.

TerisBoys

I would say if you can't get the 510, the 530 would be the next best choice.

Walmart has the Camo for $80 with free shipping to store. Not as good as the 50% off, but better than most other places.

If the site ever comes back up...I think I'm going for it (B530).

William is with me 2 weekends a month. He has a SR/C which is SUPPOSED to come with him, but doesn't always make it out of his stepmom's car. In that case he'd have a backless Turbo.

I can't justify $80 for an occasional use seat. My thought is even the B530 is safeR than his Turbo.

BabyKaykes

I don't need anymore seat right now, but i did a test run....The site is up and working.

The promo code only works if you use capital letters, no lowercase.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I'm sooooooooo very tempted! Kira's in a Roundabout, but she'll only fit RF in that for about 2 years. I was planning to get a TrueFit or something for her at that point (both my MAs will expire before then), but half price is tempting NOW. The only thing holding me back is, if I wait 2 years, I can use the TrueFit (or whatever) FF to at least age 7. If I get it now, it will expire before then.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor

Thanks. I think the 16 inches may come from having the infant insert in and not compressed.;)

How wide is the truefit? Is it the same width as the marathon or as big as the advance or regent? I really need something to replace the scenera wtih since they are about to outgrow it. I can justify 99.00!

tlj

Is there any info on the Light and Portable Infant seat? I am thinking about getting this instead of either the Keyfit or SS1 and also getting a True-fit...getting both with be the same price as getting just one infant seat.

miraclebabies

WOW ! I wonder if DH will let me get this seat. I am excited to see that the code works and it came up 99.99 at the end. Don't know if I should get Cappuccino or the Monet. Are the reviews any good. I haven't seen very many yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC