I got a Signo! Lot of Pics

firemomof3

Just a question for southpawboston:
I thought the only recall was for those little plastic things you put on where the harness attaches, right? Is there any other recalls on the signo? :confused:

ADS

southpawboston

you're right, there were no other official recalls for the signo. but there was the first batch of 16 signos made (3 of which were sold to carseat.org members, including myself-- the one shown in all my pics) that were all defective; for those, recaro quietly called all 16 buyers directly to return the seats without having to issue a formal recall.

the como had the lockoff recall for the lockoffs not holding.

Peony

O.K. great, thanks!! Have you run into anything you don't like about the Signo so far?

My biggest pet peeve about the Signo is the lack of legroom while RFing. And I kinda wish it didn't sit on such a high base, but I do really love the seat.

firemomof3

Ya, I know what you mean about the leg room. But we also love it so far! I also tried my son in the boulevard and I loved it also, it was a hard decision. The boulevard had more leg support & deeper seat:
Variousseats003-Copy.jpg

U

Unregistered

Well, thanks for all of these posts and pictures!! I just ordered a Signo for my 9 month old son. He is 17 lbs and 28.75 inches and still in his infant carrier. I got the same deal as the PP at BabyCatalog and I'm thrilled!! I have a Chevy Tahoe so I'm hoping it'll fit no problem. I ordered a Britax Diplomat for my husband's car. He has an Acura (2 door) so I needed something compact, but i wanted the SIP too. The Diplomat is supposed to work for airline travel as well. Thanks again from a 'lurker'.... now, all I have to do is find an installer here in Annapolis, MD.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Well, thanks for all of these posts and pictures!! I just ordered a Signo for my 9 month old son. He is 17 lbs and 28.75 inches and still in his infant carrier. I got the same deal as the PP at BabyCatalog and I'm thrilled!! I have a Chevy Tahoe so I'm hoping it'll fit no problem. I ordered a Britax Diplomat for my husband's car. He has an Acura (2 door) so I needed something compact, but i wanted the SIP too. The Diplomat is supposed to work for airline travel as well. Thanks again from a 'lurker'.... now, all I have to do is find an installer here in Annapolis, MD.

Most convertibles fit in small cars since they can be more upright than an infant seat and so take up less room. When you install your new seats you can go as upright as 30 degrees (with 0 being straight up and down and 90 being laying flat). All convertibles that I know of are FAA approved.

And you don't need an installer. You need a technician to check your installation. Read your manual and install your seat as best as you can. Then take it to a proper technician who will take it out, check what you've done, correct any errors, and then teach you how to install it yourself. If your hands weren't the last to touch your carseat then your tech didn't do his job. We're educators, not installers. :)

Wendy

Mama!

Ummm yeah. I forgot. We don't even use our crotch pad thing. The dorel funky s haped crotch buckle is too big/long for it .

Recaro dropped the ball on that.

There is definitely less leg room in the Signo than a lower profile seat like the Uptown or something, but its still an awesome seat.

thepote

Congrats on the Signo -- he looks great! We absolutely love ours for DS2 who is FF. He did RF (3.5 and 33-34lbs) for a little while in it but he was totally squished so I turned him.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC