HWH video is done!!

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Thank you, I had to pause it and stare because I thought it must be a Radian but the top didn't look right :confused:. Thanks!

Ah, I didn't realize they still made non-XT Radians. that explains it!

Last edited:

MustangMama

Alright here is the deal.

I can go back and edit it, but it seems the problems I am encountering are all minor. My main focus is to get the point across, which I think I did well.

As car seat freaks, we are more apt to notice things more than any regular person would. As far as the grammar, I can go back and change that a few months from now, but if I go in to edit it, it will break my link and everybody that has posted it will lose it and our word will not be spread. :(

Also in the RF video, a couple people pointed out some mis-use that I did not catch on that one. I would love to go edit that one too but once again, if I did, it would break the link for a 2nd time and everybody that has re-posted it would have to go find yet the 3rd link.

So for now they both stay :)

Unless Admin has a problem with the wording in the ERF one, at which point I will edit out the misuse too ;)

Thanks for all the encouragement and thank yous. Thanks to everybody who found errors for me that I overlooked or thought were correct. :)

Many more videos shall be in my future. :)

MomToEliEm

I'm wondering if it may be possible to re-phrase the slide at the 1:59 mark. It currently states that many booster seats position the lap belt too high which can lead to internal injuries. My concern is that someone seeing that slide could decide that many boosters are just a bad thing and not use a booster as a result... And we know that boosters save lives and reduce injuries significantly. Maybe if you re-worded it to say something along the lines of "a child who is unable to sit still in a booster may not be in a position that allows the seatbelt to protect her in a collision."

But isn't it more that a small child, even sitting still, might be injured because their bodies are smaller and the booster seat just isn't capable of keeping the lapbelt low on their hips. Maybe rephrase it to say "Most booster seats are designed for older children. With young children sitting in these booster seats, the lap belt may be placed too high on the child's abdomen which can lead to abdominal injuries during a crash. A 5-point harnessed carseat would provide these young children greater protection during a crash."

erika

I just want to say thanks for the video. My husband was upset when I showed him the new Marathons that I bought for our 6 year olds... said *sadly* "they look like baby seats. He doesn't understand why his 6 year olds couldn't stay in boosters. (we had switched them, and I wised up and went back to 5-pt. (Nautilus' in my Van, Marathons in his truck)

This video is exactly what he needs to see to understand I'm not just a crazy lady...:)

Thanks again.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I really liked it. I had a few notes but my kid just ran in and yelled in my face and now I can't remember them, lol. I do think it is probably worth going back to clarify a few things. :)

InternationalMama

I can understand just not wanting to continue to work on the video right now if you don't want to (great work so far!), but if the only concern is breaking the link, couldn't you leave the old video up so that the link wouldn't be broken and then upload the new video and let people know the new link so that they can post the corrected video if they can/want to. Then in a few months take the old video down. If you want to continue to work on the video now that would make more sense to me then just waiting and not making the new video because of the old link issues.

April

I can understand just not wanting to continue to work on the video right now if you don't want to (great work so far!), but if the only concern is breaking the link, couldn't you leave the old video up so that the link wouldn't be broken and then upload the new video and let people know the new link so that they can post the corrected video if they can/want to. Then in a few months take the old video down. If you want to continue to work on the video now that would make more sense to me then just waiting and not making the new video because of the old link issues.

:yeahthat:

I can't even imagine how much work goes into these videos. Kuddos to you for taking the time to make them! I wouldn't have any idea where to even start. So thank you thank you thank you! You are doing a great thing for CPS. :love:

But isn't it more that a small child, even sitting still, might be injured because their bodies are smaller and the booster seat just isn't capable of keeping the lapbelt low on their hips. Maybe rephrase it to say "Most booster seats are designed for older children. With young children sitting in these booster seats, the lap belt may be placed too high on the child's abdomen which can lead to abdominal injuries during a crash. A 5-point harnessed carseat would provide these young children greater protection during a crash."

Yes this. I think the best think to do to get the point across, would be to show some smaller kids in poor fitting boosters (maybe with a big X across the photo) to demonstrate what poor booster fit looks like. A lot of people have no idea what good vs. bad fit looks like.

One other point, I think "maturity to sit properly" could be expanded a little to explain what that means. So just saying "able to sit straight, not putting the shoulder belt behind their arm, not slouching and not reaching for dropped toys, all of which could leave the belt in a less than optimal position to protect the child". (Okay I'm not so good with the wording, but hopefully that makes sense.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC