How far along were you when you installed your infant seat base/convertilble?

mykidsmylife

Well I am going to get my install checked in about 2 weeks. I am 28 weeks now. But I will likely permantely install it the end of April since if I go in labor then, then River will come home with me almost immediatly.
That is what I go by.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
15 days post partum. :p

I had PPROM at 32wks though, spent a week in hospital on bedrest before he came, and then didn't have access to the car until basically when he was being released - plus snow came early the year he was born and I was hoping it would leave before he was actually discharged. ;)

Lucky for me I was in great shape and felt better at 15days post partum than I did at any time during the pregnancy. :p

azzuranotte

Right before I left for the hospital to be induced with DD2 and in the hospital parking lot after DD1 was born. I was afraid I would install it and then get in an accident or something bad happen. I am superstitious :)

This is exactly what happened with dd2. I installed it at 36 weeks and was in an accident the next day. It took me another two weeks to get a new seat and install it.

With ds it was in the parking lot of the hospital the day we went home.

I can't remember with dd1.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I just called DH and told him to bring a seat, any seat... it was the Connection and I just installed it baseless with Leah in it already :)

I think with Bitsy I did it a week or so my due date...and with Kar...oh, we drove a friend's car so I must have installed it in the parking lot with DH holding the baby?

vonfirmath

The day I was induced. In fact, the Safeseat was installed (by my husband) between the time they inserted the gel to start the inducement in the morning and when I had to show up at the hospital later that day.

Before that, we had a crib in the back of our car, so no place to put the seat.

KelliBella

I'm having this issue now. I am 37w4d, and I have the infant seat, which I am dying to install, but I have to bump ds1 to the third row when I put in the new seat. And with my big belly, it is a pain to get back there to buckle him up. And he's so far away from me back there. I keep putting it off. :)

melniemi

I won't install it this time. We'll have to leave the van with Gramma since the kids won't fit in her car. So we'll take dh's work truck. Hopefully he will get it cleaned out and we can install the seat the day before my planned induction.

If I just happen to go into labor before then, we'll take the seat and install it at the hospital. If I go into labor there is a chance we'll end up taking all the kids to the hospital and switching vehicles with Gramma there so she can take the kids home. Who knows what will happen.

I want to buy my seat by 30 weeks though. Maybe sooner.

sparkyd

With DS1 I think I installed the base for our infant seat about a month before I was due. I'm a bit of a control freak and DH isn't all that thorough about reading instructions so I wanted to make sure I installed it while I still could.

This time around I'm not sure what I'll do because I want to move DS1 behind the drivers seat and put DS2 (due in July) behind the passenger. But, I'm not sure DH will be able to drive my car with a seat back there and that is our "family car" (he drives a 2-seater truck with a car seat in the passenger seat). So, installing another seat may have to wait until the last minute. Not my preference though. You know, it just occured to me that I may not install that infant seat at all until after we bring the babe home, since DS1 is still rear-facing and I can just put the infant insert into his True Fit and use that to get the little one home. Hopefully we'll be on our way to replacing the truck by then... if the money gods are on our side...

Pardon my babbling while I just sorted out that issue while typing. I'm glad the question was asked - got me thinking!

ETA: I just realized that my little plan won't work - the seat isn't installed at a 45 degree angle for DS. Back to the drawing board!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC