How do you pronounce Britax?

ADS

minismom

Wooho, great link for Recaro!! At least I get that one right!

Wait, so what's the verdict on Graco? Is it Grayco or not? in Brazil everyone says the other way, like Grahco i guess. But here I always thought it was Grayco. Like the color gray.

I used to say Breetax in my head too, but I always wondered. I asked dh and he wasn't sure either. But then I saw the video online and they said Breytax. I was happy to learn. But my Norweegian friend says Breetax. Where are they from originally anyway??

Someone asked about the italian Chicco. Yes, it's the H that makes the C have a hard sound like a K. But if it was Cicco I'm pretty sure it'd be pronounced something like Tchicco. You know, like Ciao!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
So what does the "H" represent in Italian then? Is it an indicator of a hard "C"? (So if if Chicco were spelled Cicco, it would be pronouced See-ko?)

CI (in Italian) makes the "Ch" sound.

So, technically, Cicco would be pronounced "Chee- koe." :)

Britax has a long "i." :)

CaseyRN

Wow I pronounce everything wrong. I say Bri-tax (Bri like in British). I say Cheek-o. And I say Per-eh-go. I say Gray-co....I've never heard it any other way.

indigoblossom

Another one that gets me is Chicco. Parents look at you like you're crazy when you say it Key-co.

I usually end up saying "Chicco keyfit... it looks like Cheek-o, but it's pronounced like Italian, so it's key-co".

lol! yeah, i called it chicco for a long time, having grown up in a region of the SW where there are a lot of spanish speakers. then i realized the difference between some italian and spanish pronuniciations...even when the words are spelled the same or very similar (in this case, chico, in spanish means small and is spelled without two c's in the center, but pronounced "cheek-o")

and i don't know if i wil ever say "brEYEtax"..."br-eee-tax" just rolls off the tongue easier and i am always saying it that way even though i know how they answer the phone. hehe. but like another poster said, when i first became familiar with the brand, i was pronouncing it BRITax, as in BRITish.

amyg530

gah, i guess i have to relearn how to speak carseat, lol
i always said
Britax - Bri-tax like Bri-tish
Chicco like Chee-ko
as for perego, i just call it a Peg, lol or Purr-egg-o

i always thought Graco, Evenflo and Cosco were pretty self explainatory (sp?)
GRAY-co Even-flo Cos-co

Recaro - Ruh-car-o

Aaron - like Air
Erin - more of an Eh (sorta) also i pronounce the ron and rin differently

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC