How do you pronounce Britax?

ADS

MomToEliEm

Perego = pear uh go

I think that's the only I ever got right before I heard it. :)

I have been pronouncing it as pear eh go (middle eh like the e sound in eggo waffles). I guess I have been wrong on many of the names now (britax, Chicco, and Perego). At least I hope I am getting Cosco and Graco correct.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I used to sa Bree tax until I learned in clas it was Breye tax. they say Breye tax in thier video and if you call CS.

LuvBug

Ive heard people in the store call it gracko lol!

Perego, I must say it wrong? I say purr ay go lol!

Holly

That totally throws me off! I've been calling it "Brit ax"
I've also been calling Chicco "Chee Ko"
Graco is "Gray Ko" to me
Perego to me is "Pear Egg Oh"

I guess if I become a tech I need to say it the proper way!

How do you guys say Evenflo?
To me it's "Even Flow"
Cosco is just like the costco store without the T
Recaro, whats that? I say it "Rec Car Oh"

mamaofthree

I guess I say Perego right then, but what about Maclaren? Is it Mac luh ren, with the stress on the Mac, or Mc lare en, with the stress on the lare?

I say Evan as in the name, rhymes with seven, then flo, for Evenflo.

Kimberly

Valentine

I watched a Britax video on the britaxusa.com site and the voice-over guy says it with a long I. Did Evenflo start out making bottles? If so, it would make sense for the prn. to be the words Even Flow.

Simplysomething

I've also heard tex vs. tax, but that may be more of a dialect thing. . .

Do you pronunciation Aaron and Erin differently? How about Ellen & Allen?

To me, Aaron and Erin sound almost identical, but I can definitely hear and pronounce the differences in Allen and Ellen.

That totally throws me off! I've been calling it "Brit ax"
I've also been calling Chicco "Chee Ko"

I KNOW how to pronounce Britax (because I asked, here, like everyone does. lol), but I don't pronounce it correctly. Since I don't say the word, and just read it (I never have a chance to talk about Britax with people offline), then I figure I can say it wrong--in my head.

And I learned how to pronounced Chicco a few months ago, but I still say it incorrectly. BUT--knowing how to pronounce it correctly...makes the name of the product way more clever sounding.

And I've been pronouncing Recaro... ree-CAR-oh or ruh-CAR-oh.

Again, in real life? I only get the chance to say Graco, Cosco, and Evenflo. Which I assume I'm pronouncing correctly.

kimogilvie

I had no idea that I pronounced Britax incorrectly! I saw the options - and thought "netiher - why are those even options". I've always said and heard Brit-tax. I can't believe I've never even heard the correct way!

As far as Erin and Aaron go - I do say them differently....but down here in the south (I'm originally from NJ)...it was an adjustment because they don't differentiate the sounds. For along time I wondered why there were all these guys with a girl name. ;-)

popsicle

I always thought it was pronounced like Britain too, untill I started reading here. My not quite 3 year old on the other hand, can pronounce it correctly. Shortly after we got his Marathon he asked me what the writing at the bottom of the HUGS said. I told him "Brigh-tax" now any time he hears anyone talk about car seats he tells them. "My car seat says Brigh-tax, and it has camo's on it!"

CRS

Senior Community Member
BRY [rhymes with "eye"] - TAX [well that one's self explanatory lol]. I know some people pronounce it BRIT [as in British] - AX [as in "axe"].

Synchro246

BrI-tax two syllables. I says I at the end of a syllable.

Jenn
Interesting. I still say it like the British though.

I always read it Brit-ax, like British. It took me forever to remember to say or read it correctly after I heard it. :eek:
I probably need to work on reading it correctly then I'll pronouce it correctly.

www.recaro.com and you will know, just make sure your volume is on.
sometimes I go to this site just for the backround music:whistle:
& I never think the words recaro without hearing "welcome to recaro" in my head. How sad is that?

crunchierthanthou

www.recaro.com and you will know, just make sure your volume is on.
sometimes I go to this site just for the backround music:whistle:
& I never think the words recaro without hearing "welcome to recaro" in my head. How sad is that?

Huh. I've never had my speakers on when I went to their site. I've gotta say I don't buy it, though. Sure, they pronounce it Ree-caro, but the alse say "please see-lect your region". I'm going to have a hard time not saying it Ruh-caro. Next you're going to tell me it's not pronounced Sig-no. :p

I think the only reason I guessed Perego correctly is that the logo has an accent over the first e. I admit that I called them once just to hear how they said it. :eek:

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC