How do you get your husbands on board?!

ADS

lovinwaves

That is soooo wrong:thumbsdown:

What that she bribed with a "certain Act", or that she didn't hold up her end of the bargain? :p

Now, if I didn't hold up my end of the bargain, DH doesn't have to do things I like. You know, we women like "certain" things too.....He's got me wrapped around his finger :bow:

OH, and HIGH-FIVE Danielle!! YOU GO GIRL!! :evil grin:

Morganthe

I think men have it much worse because we have nothing to offer as "bait":D

Oh yes you guys do! You've just never thought seriously of it.

Feats of Manly strength and potential child care or housekeeping will bait me in a heartbeat!
Be still my beating heart, dh cleaned, vacuumed, cooked dinner, got dd into the bath & then bedtime all by himself while I was somewhere out having some precious freetime with the girls.
Oh honey! :love: :love: :love:
(Never happen, but I can fantasize, right? ;) )

FWIW, I don't bribe either, I just thought I'd input a much better offering than money since it was brought up in the 2nd & 3rd posts :p I do the bills too and manage to stash money away for stuff dd needs & uses. No sneaking around. I present the options & facts to dh and he'll usually agree with me since I'm really a tightwad these days. I'm saving up for that Recaro coming out this summer & DH is all for it too :thumbsup:

CRS

Senior Community Member
LOL I don't bribe my husband with anything. He knows I am passionate about what I do and my cause(s) and he supports me all the way. He leaves all the research up to me and knows I don't make choices lightly and of course, one of his biggest priorities is keeping the kids safe too!

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I don't bribe, and even if I did, it wouldn't be with sex. Just feels weird doing that.

If there is something I really really want, I start talking it up. "Wow, Babe, check out this carseat! Look at the cover, ooh, that would so totally match your truck! Eek, it's 269!" A couple of days later, walking through Walmart. "Ugh, I just hate the selection of carseats. Look at how uncomfy they are. And who really likes this plaid color?" A few days later... "Hey, honey, remember that one seat we saw, with the neat cover? Did you know that it did blah blah blah!" The next day "Ooooh, I found that seat on sale, so I bought it! I got a great deal, too!"

And, if I really think I'm in hot water, I offer to use my savings for whatever he's been after (rather than 269, i paid for my 1st NIB MA $241, 2nd NIB $68, 3rd NIB MA $159), like a tv or shoes or whatever. But for the most part, if there is something I want for the children, my dh knows that I wouldn't even mention it to him if I hadn't already made up my mind. But I'm pretty good about finding a deal, which makes it worthwhile for him.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I usually just tell him and buy it or I tell him after I bought it. My take it I work harder then he does as my job is 24/7/365 with no breaks. I don't need his permission to go clothes shopping for our girls then why should I need his permission to buy something that will keep our children safe.

But, I must say my dh is just as much of a crazy as I am. He even calls the police on drivers that don't have their child(ren) restrained. My that is why we have had 17 carseats for 2 children in 5 1/2yrs and going to be ordering another here this summer.

mominabigtruck

I must be one of the lucky ones because I control all of our money and he's the one on the allowance. I don't even tell him if I'm going to buy something, and honestly he doesn't pay that much attention so he doesn't notice unless I leave the box on the porch for him to take care of. Now that doesn't mean that sex doesn't work for other things, if I want him to work a 6 day week I have to come up with something as incentive for when he gets home.

SPJ&E

Crash test videos...that did the trick with my partner. She read a few things and didn't say anything else about it (extended rear-facing), but the second she seen the crash test videos, she was 100% on board. Now, she asks me questions sometimes and will rant and rave with me about misuse we see, lol.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ha ha....None of that works on my DH! He's smarter than the average bear, I guess. That, and he's 56 yrs old!!!!:p

I just tell him we need something and I buy it. Done. And I am a SAHM, no income of my own, but I take care of all the kid stuff, so it's MY job to know what we need. If we need a new %#@$** (whatever gizmo) for the computer that costs $150, he gets it without my consent- that's his arena.

Hehe, me too... hey, my dh is 58..... we bicker at each other when he buys computer stuff or tools, he teases me about the carseats all over the house, but it's not like he'd not 'allow' me to buy something for the kids if I thought it was right to buy. (uh, and ebay and a little bit of sex DO go a long way, too, I will agree...)

:)

JaRylan

Do all of the above and start hoarding the Canadian Tire money.;) Is he usually pretty generous with Mother's Day and anniversary presents? Or if you don't get the seat for one of those occasions there is always Father's day coming up. "Honey, I know Father's Day is still months away, but I saw something I couldn't resist, hope you like it."

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I must be one of the lucky ones because I control all of our money and he's the one on the allowance. I don't even tell him if I'm going to buy something, and honestly he doesn't pay that much attention so he doesn't notice unless I leave the box on the porch for him to take care of. Now that doesn't mean that sex doesn't work for other things, if I want him to work a 6 day week I have to come up with something as incentive for when he gets home.
I control ALL of our money too. My husband doesn't even know when he gets paid or how much for the most part. I spend what I want on whatever I want as long as all the bills are paid and money is allocated where it should be. He does not care what so ever. But when it comes to things that are over a certain amount, like lets say $300 or $400, it is common courtesy in our marriage to let the other person know we are dropping that kind of money on something that is a want and not a need.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
We're 8, almost 9 yrs apart, here.

Wouldn't be so bad, except that my parents are only a few years older than dh (my Dad, is only 5 yrs older, Mom a little more.)

We also married when I was 22, which makes some people look twice.

mominabigtruck

We're 8, almost 9 yrs apart, here.

Wouldn't be so bad, except that my parents are only a few years older than dh (my Dad, is only 5 yrs older, Mom a little more.)

We also married when I was 22, which makes some people look twice.

How old was your dad then when you were born?:confused:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC