High Chair Help!

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I had a Kinderzeat for home and an Inglesina Fast chair for when we were out, and it was the most amazing combination. The Kinderzeat/Tripp Trapp is so much easier to keep clean than a traditional highchair, and the quality of the wood is amazing. The resale value on it is also great. The Fast is wonderful because you can use it in restaurant booths and not use the yucky chairs they provide. :)

-N.

ADS

Jordynsmama

I had a Kinderzeat for home and an Inglesina Fast chair for when we were out, and it was the most amazing combination. The Kinderzeat/Tripp Trapp is so much easier to keep clean than a traditional highchair, and the quality of the wood is amazing. The resale value on it is also great. The Fast is wonderful because you can use it in restaurant booths and not use the yucky chairs they provide. :)

-N.

I have thought about getting these fast chairs but always am concerned that they could fall off the table? Are they super sturdy? Also it doesnt damage tables at all? I wonder if at a restaraunt if I could fit 2 next to eachother on the end of a booth? Are they easy to clean?
These might be what I should get even for at home. I have been feeding them on the floor in bumbo chairs lol.

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm not sure if you could put two Fast chairs on the end of smaller restaurant booth tables, but you could on my dining room table. I've never damaged a table (but don't overtighten).. and yes they're extremely sturdy :)

-Nicole.

WhatAboutPuppy

I got the Fisher Price Space Saver chair. 5 pt or 3 pt harness, 3 position recline. Vinyl, easy to clean cover, handles washing well. Actually I leave the cover off now, as that way DD can't get food between the cover and the chair. Just that much less to clean up. When it gets too dirty where wiping it down just doesn't cut it, I disassemble it, put it in the tub, and use the hand sprayer on it. I just take out the harness, take out the straps that hold it onto the chair, and then take apart the seat. I do have a towel (folded in half) underneath the high chair to protect my dining room chair's upholstery.

About the harness -- you're not going to switch back and forth between 3pt and 5pt often. The shoulder strap can be attached to the lap belt or taken off, but not easily. I only used the 5pt for a few weeks when DD went through a phase where she climbed out of it (even with the 3pt harness on and tight, and the tray, and me standing right.there, she turned around and stood up in no time. She's fast). Once she forgot about standing up, I switched back to 3pt.

:yeahthat:
We have a bar height table and I've yet to find a regular high chair that fits. I love love love the space saver. And now that he's using it as a booster he's in the same seat and sits at the same place at the table. Wonderful. :)

arly1983

I know I am chiming in late but I highly recommend this. I have had or used all the others recommended except the polly and if you have room for the tripp trap I would go with that but otherwise this one is the way to go.

I have two that I have been using for 4 years, 3 kids, and many daycare kids and I am HIGHLY satisfied. If babygear stays in my house for a long period of time you know I am 100% pleased otherwise it would be sold for something I thought was better.

The seat is fabric and washes very well and easily.

My sister got the rainforest one and her DD is not big by any standards and it started being too small for her at 18 months. She also didn't like the feel of the seat either. She now has one of my First Years chairs. She tried to pass hers off to me but I didn't want it, it finally ended up at my moms house. My 45 lb 4.5 year old can still fit in the first years one.

This was at 1 year and 2.5.
Picture312.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC