Question Help with Regent

ANGELINTC82

The Kyle David Miller Foundation is giving my family a Regent for my almost 4 year old but we are running into a few problems. I drive a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, and the dealership is telling me that the only tether available for my vehicle is in the center location. That would be fine, but I also have a 19 month old rear facing in a Fisher Price Safe Voyager Deluxe. Does anyone know if I will be able to put those two seats next to each other? I currently have the FPSVD next to a Nautilus and they fit, but I am worried that the Regent will be to big. Thanks to anyone who will have any ideas....

ADS

MissAllyLou

I am pretty sure that you can place both seats outboard, and still tether the Regent to the center tether anchor. I'm sure someone with more experience with the Regent will chime in soon.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I am pretty sure that you can place both seats outboard, and still tether the Regent to the center tether anchor. I'm sure someone with more experience with the Regent will chime in soon.

No, unfortunately. You can tether off-center, but only slightly (I'm not sure what the exact number is, but definitley under 45 degrees).

OP, how much does your 4 year old weigh?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I checked the LATCH manual, and it looks like what the dealership is telling you is true: Tethers can only be put in the middle.

However, you might have some luck getting those two seats side-by-side. The Regent sits very low, and the FPSVD sits higher, so they might puzzle well next to each other.

ANGELINTC82

She is currently 38 lbs without clothes and shoes, so she is really close to the 40 lb mark where a tether is required. Also, the foundation will not allow me to get the seat unless I have the tethers in place.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm pretty sure the Regent doesn't require the tether until 50 lbs, but I guess that's beside the point since you have to get the tether anyway.

I'm sure someone here has experience with those two seats next to each other and can give you an idea of whether or not it will actually work. If you don't get any more info on this thread, you could start another one with a title like, "Regent and FPSVD next to each other?"

ANGELINTC82

I just discoved the problem this weekend, so I haven't had a chance to talk to them yet. I did sent her an e-mail explaining my situation, so I will know more this week.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC