Help with 3-across

SPJ&E

Baby isn't due until July, so I've got plenty time, but I also don't want to be huge and trying to install a bunch of carseats, lol.

I am able to get 3-across in both our cars, but it's very tight. It's do-able, but buckling the booster is going to be a total pain (which I expected and we will deal with but it sucks :whistle: ).

In my car, I can get Turbo, FF Marathon, Snugride (SafeSeat is just a hair from not fitting because of the width at the handle). I'm trying to avoid putting Joshua in a booster for as long as I can because I don't think for one second he will sit correctly. Once he does go to a booster though, the SS1 will fit just fit between 2 Turbos, as will a RF Marathon. My car really isn't the issue (suprisingly)!

The 09' Xterra is my issue. I can get a FF Radian outboard, FF Marathon center, and SS1 outboard. It fits just fine and is the ideal setup BUT Pacey doesn't have much growin room in the Radian. He actually may outgrow it before the baby gets here (I'm not comfortable with the shoulders going over the top slots).

I can also get SS1 outboard, Turbo middle, and FF Radian outboard. The booster is so hard to buckle that way though (I have to reach my hand through the SS1 base to grab the buckle and use my other hand to buckle it. It's definitely not ideal. The Turbo is also crammed in there. It fits, but it does not move. The buckle comes around from the back of it and I don't like it. I don't know if that's even okay??

The SS1 will not fit beside the Radian at all (nor will the Snugride), because of how the base kind of bubbles out.

Any other ideas? I've read that the Snugride 30 base is really narrow and I've been wondering if the Keyfit might fit next to the Radian.

And because I know you are gonna ask, I don't want to do a convertible from the start. I love buckets...sorry!

ADS

Splash

An Evenflo Big Kid has flip up armrests, that might help. I don't really like it as a booster, but if used center it's probably okay. Also, the Probooster seems pretty narrow and the "armrests" are rather shallow, that might work as well.

skipspin

An odd suggestion:
The Safeguard GO fits really nicely next to a RFing seat and has puzzled really well for me. If you have high seatbacks and a TA it's a possibility. I'm not sure how it compares now that it's changed "brands" but it might be worth a look. I prefer it in a center spot, but I liked it much more that I expected. Depending on the seating position it's about as tall as the RN, but ut might work better next to a booster seat if you have to go that route.

btw, Congratulations!

momtoo3

In our tight 3 across the Britax Parkway SG puzzles well next to the Radian when the Radian is RF and FF. We have an Evenflo NBB on the other side of the Radian but I can get a Baby Trend seat to fit in that spot as well. I think the KeyFit would fit too but don't have one to play with right now.

SPJ&E

Thanks everyone! I think we might try a Keyfit. Then once the baby outgrows that (which will be about the same time Joshua is ready for a booster), we will use the Radian in the center and a Turbo on each side.

SPJ&E

LOL, thanks! We just got the internet again (didn't have it for about a year), so I've been around. I don't post a lot...I'm more of a lurker these days!

NannyMom

An odd suggestion:
The Safeguard GO fits really nicely next to a RFing seat and has puzzled really well for me. If you have high seatbacks and a TA it's a possibility. I'm not sure how it compares now that it's changed "brands" but it might be worth a look. I prefer it in a center spot, but I liked it much more that I expected. Depending on the seating position it's about as tall as the RN, but ut might work better next to a booster seat if you have to go that route.

btw, Congratulations!

I know we got a Safeguard Go between 2 Key Fits in an Xterra (I think 06?). What about a Maestro for Pacey?

U

Unregistered

An odd suggestion:

btw, Congratulations!

OT- Sorry!

You were in front of me the other day! I seen the stickers on your back window and was so excited to show my husband. Atleast I think it was you...near Airport Rd and Alexander?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC