Help clarify new latch limits with the Foonf

cakebreak

Hello all. I've been a lurker for a couple of years, and I have been here for the past week researching the Foonf. While reading different threads, I discovered that there are new latch limits (to be honest, I had no idea there were any limits).

Since the Foonf is so heavy, I was concerned that I will not be able to benefit from using the rigid Latch system whenever I FF my DD. Then I saw that we are able to use both Seatbelt and rigid latch whenever my DD reaches the max weight limit of 40 lbs? Correct? (Our family just purchased a 2013 Odyssey and I read the post on Honda's guidelines for Latch.)

I was ready to pull the trigger on it but I don't want to spend that much money if I will only be able to use seatbelt installation. Do any current Foonf owners regret their purchase knowing about the new limits?

This is all a bit confusing to me, and I was trying to read as much as I could before I asked any questions. If someone can just reaffirm that I am understanding everything correctly. Thanks in advance.

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The new requirements on labels will apply to carseats sold in the USA in 2014. Any limits on these labels will not be retroactive to models sold without the new labels.

Of course, as you know, your vehicle manufacturer may have relevant limits that apply, and these could technically be changed to affect older models.

Yes, this is a real shame as it applies to the Foonf's great rigid LATCH system. I think these new requirements all but guarantee that we will never again see rigid LATCH on a forward-facing seat in the USA:-(

http://carseatblog.com/20202/weight-limits-the-death-of-latch/

Clek CPST

Yes, you're correct that the Foonf allows the seatbelt to be used in addition to the rigid LATCH with ff'ing installs so you'll be able to continue to benefit from rigid LATCH after your child reaches the LATCH limit.

Instructions are currently in development for using both seatbelt and LATCH at the same time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC